The Student Room Group

More Than Smart Wheels Question

Hi everyone, was wondering if someone had any experience with More Than’s Smart Wheels black box insurance. It says on their website that if you don’t park in the place where you’ve said you’ll park at night, they’ll cancel your insurance. Was wondering if this was still the case if you were staying at a friends house for a night or something?
Reply 1
Original post by Jay750
Hi everyone, was wondering if someone had any experience with More Than’s Smart Wheels black box insurance. It says on their website that if you don’t park in the place where you’ve said you’ll park at night, they’ll cancel your insurance. Was wondering if this was still the case if you were staying at a friends house for a night or something?

Plenty of threads regarding that company. Avoid.
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
Plenty of threads regarding that company. Avoid.

I am aware of this but you commenting that has not answered my question :/
Reply 3
Original post by Jay750
I am aware of this but you commenting that has not answered my question :/

Wouldn't take the risk personally. Can you afford to pay for a cancellation for the rest of your life?
Reply 4
Original post by Jay750

I was with them in my first year of driving, ended up cancelling half way through, as I changed jobs and did more miles and the price they wanted to charge me was extortionate. So just started on a clean slate again. Which actually worked out to my favour, as my insurance is now due in June, rather than December when the insurance prices are at their highest.

Anyway, to answer your question. I stated that my car would be parked on the main road, as that it where I would be parking it. But it wasn't directly outside my house, but to more than, I only stated it would be parked "on the road", so there shouldn't have been any problems and I didn't have any.

But to be honest, More Than's black box GPS signal was bad and sometimes didn't show my car in the right place, sometimes didn't even record journeys, sometimes recorded journeys I didn't even make (because GPS thought I moved).
Reply 5
Original post by Joshkav
I was with them in my first year of driving, ended up cancelling half way through, as I changed jobs and did more miles and the price they wanted to charge me was extortionate. So just started on a clean slate again. Which actually worked out to my favour, as my insurance is now due in June, rather than December when the insurance prices are at their highest.

Anyway, to answer your question. I stated that my car would be parked on the main road, as that it where I would be parking it. But it wasn't directly outside my house, but to more than, I only stated it would be parked "on the road", so there shouldn't have been any problems and I didn't have any.

But to be honest, More Than's black box GPS signal was bad and sometimes didn't show my car in the right place, sometimes didn't even record journeys, sometimes recorded journeys I didn't even make (because GPS thought I moved).

So you never had any problems with parking at a friends house over night or whatever? Aha
Reply 6
Original post by Jay750
So you never had any problems with parking at a friends house over night or whatever? Aha

No, never had any problems myself. Others might of done, unsure.
Reply 7
Original post by Joshkav
No, never had any problems myself. Others might of done, unsure.

Okay thank you :smile:
Other than being overpriced as **** they’re fine, they’re rather lenient and just like most black boxes they pack up after a while and don’t even record half the data.

Want actual advice? Read reviews from like trustpilot and see what people who’ve actually paid money think about them.
(edited 3 years ago)
I don't know why you'd risk a cancellation based on anecdotal advice, (not a knock on the above response who is very clear that it may cause issues). Maybe they check 5-10% of locations overnight, nobody knows. It's like when people ask how lenient boxes are with regards to speeding, just because some donkey trolleys around at 45 in 30 and his score doesn't go down, doesn't mean you won't get an immediate cancellation.

If you needed to park it elsewhere, I would just let them know.
Reply 10
Original post by Teddy650123
Other than being overpriced as **** they’re fine, they’re rather lenient and just like most black boxes they pack up after a while and don’t even record half the data.

Want actual advice? Read reviews from like trustpilot and see what people who’ve actually paid money think about them.

Thank you. I will look at that now!😊
Reply 11
Original post by Admit-One
I don't know why you'd risk a cancellation based on anecdotal advice, (not a knock on the above response who is very clear that it may cause issues). Maybe they check 5-10% of locations overnight, nobody knows. It's like when people ask how lenient boxes are with regards to speeding, just because some donkey trolleys around at 45 in 30 and his score doesn't go down, doesn't mean you won't get an immediate cancellation.

If you needed to park it elsewhere, I would just let them know.

Very good point. Will do some research of my own too and read their website etc to see what they’re like👍

Quick Reply

Latest