Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
How’s it going all?

Good, thanks for asking. :smile:

How have you been?
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Its going good, thank you :tongue:
How have you been?

That’s great to hear. 😊

Im good thanks. Just tired. Extremely greatful I’ve got a 1:1 right now which means I can have some sleep! Until I’m ‘accidentally’ woken up again. 🙄😓
Reply 6
meow
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Great how's your shift going?

It’s going alright ish- today I can’t keep on top of things as I normally do. It’s understandable as we’re extremely busy.

6 doctors down on our ward and I’m the only HCA. Yes it’s that bad at present. I’m running around like a headless chicken, luckily they’ve assigned me a 1:1 patient for now so I guess I will use this opportunity to sleep! 😊🙈
Original post by Bexjw
Same. 1/4.

1/4? Is everything okay?
Reply 9
That’s great to hear. 😊

Im good thanks. Just tired. Extremely greatful I’ve got a 1:1 right now which means I can have some sleep! Until I’m ‘accidentally’ woken up again. 🙄😓

Aw, Im sorry :console: Im glad though that you are able to get a bit of sleep right now :tongue:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Good, thanks for asking. :smile:

How have you been?

You’re welcome 😊

Been better, but I do need my bed. I’ve currently made my bed fort here but it won’t last obviously. 😓
Aw, Im sorry :console: Im glad though that you are able to get a bit of sleep right now :tongue:

Don’t apologise please. I’m honestly so greatful for this room right now. I can finally be comfortable and sleep instead of being on my feet all night.
Reply 12
1/4? Is everything okay?

Yeah, good thanks - just on a long stint of nights at the moment and spent the best part of an hour in restraint this evening, supporting another ward! Shifts are all over the place! 4 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off and then 4! I’ve forgotten what a day shift is like.. 😂
Reply 13
Don’t apologise please. I’m honestly so greatful for this room right now. I can finally be comfortable and sleep instead of being on my feet all night.

You have such a positive attitude towards everything. I dont know how you do it :lol:
Original post by Bexjw

Spoiler

(Original post by Bexjw)Yeah, good thanks - just on a long stint of nights at the moment and spent the best part of an hour in restraint this evening, supporting another ward! Shifts are all over the place! 4 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off and then 4! I’ve forgotten what a day shift is like.. 😂

Omgggg. How are you even coping? I can’t manage a night shift without finding a place to sleep. 😓. Day shifts are much much better I agree.

I bet it was BoJo idea to allow us to do night shifts and that. Is this even humanely possible? 😱
You have such a positive attitude towards everything. I dont know how you do it :lol:

☺️ Thank you, so do you foxy.

I’m honestly so introverted it’s ridiculous. I’ve had to learn in this past 4 months or so how to up my confidence and self esteem for my patients sake. Still feel so weirded out when they have a full blown convo with me. 😓
Reply 16
☺️ Thank you, so do you foxy.

I’m honestly so introverted it’s ridiculous. I’ve had to learn in this past 4 months or so how to up my confidence and self esteem for my patients sake. Still feel so weirded out when they have a full blown convo with me. 😓

You come across as shy and thoughtful. Im glad to hear that you have built up some confidence though, thats important :hugs:
I bet they really appreciate being able to talk to someone.
:hello:
Reply 18
Omgggg. How are you even coping? I can’t manage a night shift without finding a place to sleep. 😓. Day shifts are much much better I agree.

I bet it was BoJo idea to allow us to do night shifts and that. Is this even humanely possible? 😱

Sometimes I have no idea! Especially as we’re 12.5hr shifts and awake on observations for it all. Nights have been a real welcome break. Both our wards (we’re split due to segregation) have been intense with multiple incidents requiring full restraint throughout the day. It’s sad that it becomes normal to be attacked or hit/punched/kicked.

We’re short staffed and nights have been terribly staffed recently due to staff issues so I did pick up some extra but it works out at 62.5/75 hour weeks at the moment! Scary when I think I was Monday, 9-5 in an office job before I was redeployed because of COVID (now contracted to the ward).
Are you a nurse?

Quick Reply

Latest