The Student Room Group

Lied about my age

I’ve talked to this boy and lied about my age but never knew we’d make it this far...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He deserves better
How long have you been together
be honest with him now, its better than later
Reply 4
Original post by Jones448
How long have you been together

We’re not really together together we’ve been talking for about 3 weeks
Reply 5
Original post by macy_m
He deserves better

Ikkk😭😭

I’m 16 and said 17
Original post by Anonymous
We’re not really together together we’ve been talking for about 3 weeks

Okay, even though it’s not good you lied. It’s still not a massive difference and you should tell him now before anything gets more serious. How old is he?
Reply 7
I’m 16 and said 17

I was a bit harsh sorry, a few days ago this guy posted a similar thread but he lied about his age and made himself 7 years younger. Yours is not too bad but either way a lie is a lie so tell him as soon as you can! :smile:
God just tell him the truth
Reply 9
Original post by macy_m
I was a bit harsh sorry, a few days ago this guy posted a similar thread but he lied about his age and made himself 7 years younger. Yours is not too bad but either way a lie is a lie so tell him as soon as you can! :smile:

I assumed this was the same person posting from the other perspective at first.
Tell him the truth as soon as possible
You should have told him truthfully at the start (you probably already know that sorry)
Honesty is important in any relationship
I’ve talked to this boy and lied about my age but never knew we’d make it this far...

Come clean. Now better than later,. Plus, It is only a year. But do not by any means continue the lie.
I’m 16 and said 17

When's your birthday. If it's soon enough it's fine.
Original post by Laurence010401
You should have told him truthfully at the start (you probably already know that sorry)

Yes I know but I never knew he actually liked me and we were going to get this far
Original post by Laurence010401

I want to but have no idea why I lied and I need to explain myself
Original post by macy_m

I want to but I feel like I've kept it for too long and now it's going to ruin everything

Maybe, tell him your actual age.
Reply 17
I want to but I feel like I've kept it for too long and now it's going to ruin everything

How old is he? 16 and 17 is not the biggest change it would be worse if you were 15 and said 16 as you wouldn’t be legal etc.. but why did you lie to begin with ?
Original post by macy_m
How old is he? 16 and 17 is not the biggest change it would be worse if you were 15 and said 16 as you wouldn’t be legal etc.. but why did you lie to begin with ?

It's because me texted me out of nowhere and asked for my age so I said 17 and now we've become close and talk nearly everyday and I have no idea how to tell him because I know now he won't trust me but it was a mistake I made and I don't want him to get the idea that I'm not trustworthy
Original post by macy_m

He's 18

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending