The Student Room Group

Hungry but trying to diet

I’m sooooooooooo hungry rn. Like seriously. But I’m trying to diet and have used my calories up for today. And I can’t go and eat something small because I have a problem with night bingeing and need some advice

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I’m sooooooooooo hungry rn. Like seriously. But I’m trying to diet and have used my calories up for today. And I can’t go and eat something small because I have a problem with night bingeing and need some advice

Just go to bed and sleep it off.

What have you been eating in your meals? Because I’m on a diet and I never feel hungry.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

me too but i love my skinny body more than i love food :h: don't give in
Bruh wtf? If you’re HUNGRY you eat.
Reply 4
i use gum
It’s so hard ik. But trust me it’s worth it, ya boi went from 79 to 71 in 2 months with my face noticeably thinner🤩
Reply 6
Original post by Euphoria101
Bruh wtf? If you’re HUNGRY you eat.

That then means you will go above the calorie deficit and ruin the diet.
You could give intermittent fasting a go, if you usually feel hungry during one point of the day.
Reply 8
Eat more calorie dense foods. The whole point, during a deficit, is to stay as satiated as possible. For example, consuming 200 calories of chocolate, will not satisfy you for a long while. However, if you had 200 calories of salad, you'd be more satisfied, hence less hunger, thus making the deficit a lot easier.
Reply 9
Original post by Bio 7
That then means you will go above the calorie deficit and ruin the diet.

Calm down lol. Nothing will be "[ruined]" if OP were to go over their caloric limits for one day. However, that said, if this was on a consistent basis, you would be correct.
Original post by Ciel.
me too but i love my skinny body more than i love food :h: don't give in

As OP, you don't have to stay "hungry". As I've stated, in another post, just eat more calorie dense foods, and you can still enjoy having a "skinny body". This way, you won't feel hunger, and would likely be able to maintain this for the long term.
Just drink a lot of water
Reply 12
Original post by gtty123
As OP, you don't have to stay "hungry". As I've stated, in another post, just eat more calorie dense foods, and you can still enjoy having a "skinny body". This way, you won't feel hunger, and would likely be able to maintain this for the long term.

i'm not hungry all the time. but my last meal is usually at like 7/8 p.m. and it's nearl4 a.m. now. anyway, i like very skinny so hungry is, occasionally, unavoidable.
Original post by Ciel.
i'm not hungry all the time. but my last meal is usually at like 7/8 p.m. and it's nearl4 a.m. now. anyway, i like very skinny so hungry is, occasionally, unavoidable.

I guess so. But, from a health perspective, are you in the 'right' weight for your specific stats?
Reply 14
Original post by gtty123
Calm down lol. Nothing will be "[ruined]" if OP were to go over their caloric limits for one day. However, that said, if this was on a consistent basis, you would be correct.

It is easy to justify one day and then start with a second and third. Being hungy isn't that bad, you just need to ignore it and focus on the outcome.
Original post by Bio 7
It is easy to justify one day and then start with a second and third. Being hungy isn't that bad, you just need to ignore it and focus on the outcome.

I agree. But, just to add, you don't have to be hungry to an extreme level, such as OP themselves. You can limit the amount of hunger, not necessarily get rid of it per se, but definitely suppress it for a long time. And that is by eating calorie dense foods. This way, your deficit, doesn't necessarily feel like a deficit, thus it's easier to stick to and consequently you'll lose weight.
Reply 16
Diet or not if you’re super hungry then you should eat. Just make sure you have healthy low calorie snacks like fruit for times like this, going over by like 50-100 calories every now and then is not going to kill you.

You don’t want to be starving yourself and end up with a bad relationship with food it’s just not worth it.

In terms of binging tho i have no advice bc i am also pretty terribly with binge eating at times.
Reply 17
Original post by gtty123
I guess so. But, from a health perspective, are you in the 'right' weight for your specific stats?

nope. but it doesn't matter because bmi and weight charts are all biased, and it's better to be underweight than overweight, health-wise
Original post by Ciel.
nope. but it doesn't matter because bmi and weight charts are all biased, and it's better to be underweight than overweight, health-wise

At the end of the day, it's up to you what you do. I, nor anyone else, can change that fact. However, I'd still encourage you to not stay underweight for too long. Apparently, according to WebMD (whether you see that as a reliable source or not is not for me to decide) they would quite clearly dispute your point of "it's better to be underweight than overweight, health wise". According to them being, "Underweight [is] Even Deadlier Than Overweight".

Source: https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140328/underweight-even-deadlier-than-overweight-study-says
Eat more satiating foods.

Quick Reply

Latest