The Student Room Group

What do I need for GCSE and six form English ?

What stationary and revision tools do I need for GCSE’s and so form year 12 ?
And maths and science?
What year are you in? What subjects are you doing specifically?
Going into year 12
Maths , combined science(physics,biology and chemistry) , drama and English
Reply 4
Original post by Maryjaneholly
Going into year 12

You’d need to ask your teacher which calculator you need, as schools always vary on which they’d recommend :smile:
You’d need a different calculator again for A Level Maths (if you chooses to do it), but don’t use that calculator for GCSE as it will be against exam requirements :wink:
Original post by Moonbow
You’d need to ask your teacher which calculator you need, as schools always vary on which they’d recommend :smile:
You’d need a different calculator again for A Level Maths (if you chooses to do it), but don’t use that calculator for GCSE as it will be against exam requirements :wink:

Strictly for A level (because I thought they were going into yr 12): It depends on what calculator they had at gcse. If they had a fx-83GTx (I think that’s the model) than they will need a new calculator as they need at least a minimum advanced scientific calculator. However they could be ahead of the curve and got one like I did (well my friend got me it) with a fx-991Ex at gcse, which is the minimum. It’s best to stick with this calculator as they also do combined science (I assume it’s applied science). If you want to invest in maths, a graphics calculator will be amazing for you and fx-cg50 is the one way to go.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Maryjaneholly
Going into year 12

Which one are gcse and which one is a level?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending