The Student Room Group

Applying for maintenance after one term?

Hi, I’ve applied for student loan and got it approved but I didn’t apply for maintenance however, now I think I’ll need it. So can I apply for it mid term or do I have to wait another year for it
Original post by Grey_Angel
Hi, I’ve applied for student loan and got it approved but I didn’t apply for maintenance however, now I think I’ll need it. So can I apply for it mid term or do I have to wait another year for it

You can apply for a maintenance loan up to 9 months after the start of each academic year.
The sooner you apply the better though.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You can apply for a maintenance loan up to 9 months after the start of each academic year.
The sooner you apply the better though.

So I can apply anytime in those 9 months

Also can I enter my own financial details
So I can apply anytime in those 9 months

Also can I enter my own financial details

What do you mean? You are asked certain questions about your finances as the student applying but if you are classed as dependent then your parents have to supply their financial information for you to get the income assessed portion of the loan
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
What do you mean? You are asked certain questions about your finances as the student applying but if you are classed as dependent then your parents have to supply their financial information for you to get the income assessed portion of the loan

Am planning on living in student accommodation s so that would make be independent right?... I mean I don’t live with my parents and my cares don’t wanna give me their details
Am planning on living in student accommodation s so that would make be independent right?... I mean I don’t live with my parents and my cares don’t wanna give me their details

Living in halls doesn’t make you independent. If you don’t get your parents to supply their financial information then you will only get the basic minimum loan amount.

The reasons to be classed as independent are:
Over 25
Supported yourself financially for 36 months before the start of your course
Orphaned
Irreconcilably estranged (no contact at all) from your parents - usually for a minimum of 12 months
Married/civil partnered
Parent of a child
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Living in halls doesn’t make you independent. If you don’t get your parents to supply their financial information then you will only get the basic minimum loan amount.

The reasons to be classed as independent are:
Over 25
Supported yourself financially for 36 months before the start of your course
Orphaned
Irreconcilably estranged (no contact at all) from your parents - usually for a minimum of 12 months
Married/civil partnered
Parent of a child

Okay thanks a lot for your help
Like always TSR is the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending