The Student Room Group

My results

I got a Distinction in Welsh Bacc but a pass in business. I’m trying to get a degree in business so the fact I only got a pass in business makes me completely ignore the fact that I got a distinction and makes me feel really disappointed in myself
Original post by Jones448
I got a Distinction in Welsh Bacc but a pass in business. I’m trying to get a degree in business so the fact I only got a pass in business makes me completely ignore the fact that I got a distinction and makes me feel really disappointed in myself

You dont say what the business qualification is? BTEC or A level? You mean you got P or PP? Is there any chance to retake or do a different BTEC?
Imo the way to do it is, its just how you performed at the time or on the day. You can try again or you can look through clearing.

If ots just a module grade I wouldnt worry and just work out how to improve.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You dont say what the business qualification is? BTEC or A level? You mean you got P or PP? Is there any chance to retake or do a different BTEC?
Imo the way to do it is, its just how you performed at the time or on the day. You can try again or you can look through clearing.

If ots just a module grade I wouldnt worry and just work out how to improve.

I was studying btec business. I’m going into uni now
I was studying btec business. I’m going into uni now

But which one? Certificate, diploma, extended diploma?
Due to the way BTEC are graded and you get your coursework over the 2 years then surely you had a good insight as to what your grade would be based on your individual assignment marks? If its got you into the uni you wanted then its served its purpose.

You might wish to get some books on study skills though to help improve them and your uni marks.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
But which one? Certificate, diploma, extended diploma?
Due to the way BTEC are graded and you get your coursework over the 2 years then surely you had a good insight as to what your grade would be based on your individual assignment marks? If its got you into the uni you wanted then its served its purpose.

You might wish to get some books on study skills though to help improve them and your uni marks.

It was a level 3 diploma. Yeah it did I guess. Still shooting myself down though. Thanks
It was a level 3 diploma. Yeah it did I guess. Still shooting myself down though. Thanks

So do you want to redo the course or similar to prove a point or make sure you get the skills to use on your degree so you do well?
That is your choice.

I would be more concerned about why you were getting P's on your course rather than your finish grade, because I wouldnt want it to follow me to uni.
If you had addressed that during the 2 years then you wouldnt have done better.

In any event if you arent going to retake, then look forward and learn from it.
Beating yourself up is really dull.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending