The Student Room Group

Word Count for Masters Degree Personal Statement?

I'm applying for a Masters Degree in Building Surveying at Nottingham Trent. The maximum word count is 4000 words. This seems quite a lot to me and Prospects suggests 500 words for a masters statement which doesn't seem quite enough! Are they expecting 4000 words?
(edited 3 years ago)
Are you sure it’s not 4000 characters?
I think go with what prospects says. As long as you structure it well and put in everything you want to say, you should be okay writing a fab statement!
Original post by EllaKNotts
I'm applying for a Masters Degree in Building Surveying at Nottingham Trent. The maximum word count is 4000 words. This seems quite a lot to me and Prospects suggests 500 words for a masters statement which doesn't seem quite enough! Are they expecting 4000 words?

It's 4,000 Characters about one page similar to an undergrad personal statement.....

No one will read your 4,000 word PS lmao. I doubt there's even an assignments for CW involving 4,000 words....

We only did 3,000 and i went to University of Nottingham. The harder version of Trent 😂.
Reply 3
Original post by ClaudiaVan
Are you sure it’s not 4000 characters?
I think go with what prospects says. As long as you structure it well and put in everything you want to say, you should be okay writing a fab statement!

Thank you! I just double checked & it is 4000 characters 😂 been a while so I think I just saw the 4000 and panicked.
Thank you! I just double checked & it is 4000 characters 😂 been a while so I think I just saw the 4000 and panicked.

No worries!
Reply 5
Original post by Realitysreflexx
It's 4,000 Characters about one page similar to an undergrad personal statement.....

No one will read your 4,000 word PS lmao. I doubt there's even an assignments for CW involving 4,000 words....

We only did 3,000 and i went to University of Nottingham. The harder version of Trent 😂.

‘The harder version of Trent.’ Wow you do think a lot of yourself don’t you? Maybe it’s not that much harder - I did 4000 & 5000 words at Birmingham for my undergrad. Both unis have gold TEF standard teaching & the course I’m doing has the best reviews for the subject area. Thanks for attempting to be condescending. I hope you feel a bit more secure in yourself now.
‘The harder version of Trent.’ Wow you do think a lot of yourself don’t you? Maybe it’s not that much harder - I did 4000 & 5000 words at Birmingham for my undergrad. Both unis have gold TEF standard teaching & the course I’m doing has the best reviews for the subject area. Thanks for attempting to be condescending. I hope you feel a bit more secure in yourself now.

Loool you couldn't even read the page while applying. Don't come at me sideways. Not my fault you had to settle for a non-Russell group education lmao...i didn't do your BTEC, you did.

Enjoy your ex-poly master's 😊😊😊👍.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Loool you couldn't even read the page while applying. Don't come at me sideways. Not my fault you had to settle for a non-Russell group education lmao...i didn't do your BTEC, you did.

Enjoy your ex-poly master's 😊😊😊👍.

Happy trolling
Happy trolling

😂😂 You see the bars beside my name. I'm no troll, your just well out of order. But enjoy trent! No way you won't get in, I'm sure.
Reply 9
😂😂 You see the bars beside my name. I'm no troll, your just well out of order. But enjoy trent! No way you won't get in, I'm sure.

👋 👋
My guys got a super car profile picture :'( and spent his entire social life on the student room hahaha, hes just looking for some social interaction
he did a management bachelors which is the poundland version of business studies
Reply 11
Original post by bigtitygothgirl
My guys got a super car profile picture :'( and spent his entire social life on the student room hahaha, hes just looking for some social interaction
he did a management bachelors which is the poundland version of business studies

Preach :adore::lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending