The Student Room Group

To what extent were Weimar’s early (1919-23) problems fundamentally economic? (25)

Hi everyone this is my history a levlel assignment please any help would be appreciated on how to achieve the highest grade. To what extent were Weimar’s early (1919-23) problems fundamentally economic? (25 marks)
Structure:

An introduction which includes a clear judgement as to whether the Treaty of Versailles was most responsible for weakening the Weimar Republic.

You need three clear factors which include:
1. Treaty of Versailles
2. Failures of the Constitution
3. Right and left wing opposition and uprisings.
What do you want help with specifically?
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
What do you want help with specifically?

How to structure it really, how to argue my points. And mainly what points to include. This is transition work from gcse to a level so tbh i dont really have a clue on what i should talk about.
Original post by safahJ
How to structure it really, how to argue my points. And mainly what points to include. This is transition work from gcse to a level so tbh i dont really have a clue on what i should talk about.

You structure it as Intro, PEEL and conclusion like any gcse history essay. The exam technique is what you need to work on for A level as you need to add more detail and answer the question contextually. You are given the points you choose. You need to do some research for those factors.

For me, I would question if the Weimar early problems were fundamentally economic and why it's perceived this way in my introduction but it's not wise to do this until you get more content in this - it's good to start working on your exam technique early on. I would also think what the weimar republic is and what makes it: the systems of it, the people behind it and supporting it and the idea of the weimar republic itself; I would consider how the factor affected each. For example, the Treaty of Versailles did impact the Weimar Republic economically but I think it was more Germany that got hurt so that would lead to public backlash so it wouldnt be economic as they did do well in paying back reparations since they paid in resources but problems started to occur due to the Ruhr occupation, where people refused to work which created problems - this affected the people supporting it and the idea of weimar republic itself but not the systems in place, in my opinion.

Honestly, start researching the factors first.
Reply 4
Original post by PetitePanda
You structure it as Intro, PEEL and conclusion like any gcse history essay. The exam technique is what you need to work on for A level as you need to add more detail and answer the question contextually. You are given the points you choose. You need to do some research for those factors.

For me, I would question if the Weimar early problems were fundamentally economic and why it's perceived this way in my introduction but it's not wise to do this until you get more content in this - it's good to start working on your exam technique early on. I would also think what the weimar republic is and what makes it: the systems of it, the people behind it and supporting it and the idea of the weimar republic itself; I would consider how the factor affected each. For example, the Treaty of Versailles did impact the Weimar Republic economically but I think it was more Germany that got hurt so that would lead to public backlash so it wouldnt be economic as they did do well in paying back reparations since they paid in resources but problems started to occur due to the Ruhr occupation, where people refused to work which created problems - this affected the people supporting it and the idea of weimar republic itself but not the systems in place, in my opinion.

Honestly, start researching the factors first.

Thanks a lot, just finished doing it
Original post by safahJ
Thanks a lot, just finished doing it

Congrats :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending