The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Living in Reading

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Reading soon and was wondering what the best place to live in Reading is.
By best I mean "coolest" so to speak.

Best,
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Reading soon and was wondering what the best place to live in Reading is.

Best,

Hey,

If you're talking about student accommodation I would have to say Wantage halls. I lived there for my first 2 years at uni and it genuinely looks like Hogwarts! I made some great memories there and really enjoyed my time!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
From,

Amina - Student Ambassador
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Hi everyone,

Best,

Earley/Woodley area. Just don’t move to Whitley :rofl:
Hi everyone,

Best,

Sorry, I wouldn't know, but I hope this helps. 🙂

The 10 Best Places to Live in Reading

1. Earley

2. Caversham

3. Woodley

4. Winnersh

5. Reading Town Centre

6. Tilehurst

7. Calcot

8. Shinfield

9. Southcote

10. Pangbourne

https://www.comparemymove.com/advice/area-guides/where-to-live-in-reading
Reply 4
Original post by UniofReading
Hey,

If you're talking about student accommodation I would have to say Wantage halls. I lived there for my first 2 years at uni and it genuinely looks like Hogwarts! I made some great memories there and really enjoyed my time!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
From,

Amina - Student Ambassador

Hey thanks a lot for reaching out. I don't mean student housing though.
Reply 5
Original post by RichPiana
Earley/Woodley area. Just don’t move to Whitley :rofl:

I've heard these are quiet areas? I just don't want to end up in middle class family suburbia.
I've heard these are quiet areas? I just don't want to end up in middle class family suburbia.

They’re fairly quiet and also one of the better areas.
Reply 7
Original post by RichPiana
They’re fairly quiet and also one of the better areas.

Exactly, I'd rather be more central perhaps, wouldn't want to get bored staying somewhere too quiet.

RG1 university area is more lively
Exactly, I'd rather be more central perhaps, wouldn't want to get bored staying somewhere too quiet.

As mentioned above the RG1 area is the area around town so if you wanna be somewhere more lively then that’s the place to be.

If you want lively go to London it’s non stop. Wish I’d moved to middle class suburbia a while ago. Yes indeed exciting city. Reading my arrival bit crazy but slowly adjusting. The campus area is lovely. Otherwise be near Whiteknights. i was on the campus recently and there was a student party/event so does have its moments.Otherwise Whitley is ok compared to London apart from 1 major incident. London it’s all the time but I miss it. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest