The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So is feminism the reason guys are more scared these days to approach a woman in fear if rape accusations

This is the most stupidest question I have ever read and I'm a feminist. We do not become feminists to scare men, we do it for female rights.
Reply 2
our company secretly record all interviews and followups/tests with all female candidates

Original post by StudyWithMe
This is the most stupidest question I have ever read and I'm a feminist. We do not become feminists to scare men, we do it for female rights.

The typical first world feminist :biggrin: All the rights you don't have right? :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by StudyWithMe

But some women think they are superior to men
Yeah, that probably does have an impact, I would imagine.

Even an accusation with no evidence can ruin someone's life.
Reply 5
Get off anonymous.
No.
Vicious liars, workplace perceptions of what constitutes sexual harassment and the fear of being tarred with the same brush as a pua are making guys cautious about how/when/where they approach women.
I'm a female who is not a feminist.
Prob scares wrong'ns and anon users more.
Reply 8
Yes
Maybe to any man who answers the title question, could you say where you are from? You don't have to say country if you are uncomfortable with that, but at least a contitent or something. I think it could be interesting as this is not the first place i am hearing about men being scared to approach women because of possible false claims. However i have never heard about it in my country, so i am curious...
Original post by Mojmeer
our company secretly record all interviews and followups/tests with all female candidates

The typical first world feminist :biggrin: All the rights you don't have right? :biggrin:

Women are treated horribly in developing countries because of culture painting them into a fixed role in society. I do believe they do not have equal rights, yes.
Original post by Moonbow
Women are treated horribly in developing countries because of culture painting them into a fixed role in society. I do believe they do not have equal rights, yes.

Yeah, but we aren't in one of them, are we? :biggrin:
No. Technology and the popularity of dating apps makes men less likely to approach women because all of us now rely on technology for communication with others. Men haven’t really felt they needed to know how to successfully approach women.
Original post by Mojmeer
Yeah, but we aren't in one of them, are we? :biggrin:

No, but there is a serious issue of sexual harassment in all countries. It is mainly women that face it, but it can lead to people to manipulate the system, and they are horrible people. But not everyone does this, and it can’t make the traumas people face any less horrific
There is nothing wrong with men becoming aware that behaviour they previously saw as ok and normal was making women uncomfortable.
Original post by Moonbow
No, but there is a serious issue of sexual harassment in all countries. It is mainly women that face it, but it can lead to people to manipulate the system, and they are horrible people. But not everyone does this, and it can’t make the traumas people face any less horrific

Well, feminism only works if it is allowed to exist in the first place which is outside the "First World" rarely the case. and feminism is meaningless in places like the UK, that makes perfect candidate for no effort egowanks and posturing. It really outlived it's it's usefulness (here).
Original post by RiaWombat
There is nothing wrong with men becoming aware that behaviour they previously saw as ok and normal was making women uncomfortable.

Yeah, like the presumption of guilt when it comes to rape accusations, right? Definitely not a step back :biggrin:
I don’t think talking to someone is gonna stir up any rape allegations :confused:
Original post by Mojmeer
Yeah, like the presumption of guilt when it comes to rape accusations, right? Definitely not a step back :biggrin:

Most of the rape survivors that I volunteer to support have personally experienced the presumption of guilt.
Many speak of being automatically described as rape liars inside the police station and within criminal court premises, the former usually occurring on the same day as making the rape allegation to the police.
Guys and girls.
Original post by Anonymous
So is feminism the reason guys are more scared these days to approach a woman in fear if rape accusations

What exactly do *you* mean by feminism?

Latest

Trending

Trending