The Student Room Group

Any websites for primary sources?

Specifically British History

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PetitePanda

Have you tried the calendar of state papers?
Original post by neko no basu
Have you tried the calendar of state papers?

what's that?
what's that?

I think it's like some sort of archive you can find online?
I've never used it myself because it wasn't relevant for my topic but my history teacher always said to her students who were doing an early modern NEA to use the calendar of state papers.

Might not be much help, sorry, but that's all I could think of
I think it's like some sort of archive you can find online?
I've never used it myself because it wasn't relevant for my topic but my history teacher always said to her students who were doing an early modern NEA to use the calendar of state papers.

Might not be much help, sorry, but that's all I could think of

Yes I wanted to find some archives but I could only find some American ones. Do you know what the website is called or the link to it? Oh no it's definitely helpful thank you so much :heart:
Yes I wanted to find some archives but I could only find some American ones. Do you know what the website is called or the link to it? Oh no it's definitely helpful thank you so much :heart:

https://www.british-history.ac.uk/catalogue
Here you go :nyan:

Good luck on your coursework :h: What topic are you doing it on?
https://www.british-history.ac.uk/catalogue
Here you go :nyan:

Good luck on your coursework :h: What topic are you doing it on?

Thank you so muchhhh. I am doing Standard of Living in the Industrial Revolution - hbu?
Thank you so muchhhh. I am doing Standard of Living in the Industrial Revolution - hbu?

ooh I don't know much about that but sounds pretty interesting! I did mine on what caused the end of the Cold war in Europe :smile:

Have you tried asking Google?
ooh I don't know much about that but sounds pretty interesting! I did mine on what caused the end of the Cold war in Europe :smile:

That's sounds interesting. How's your NEA so far?
Original post by StudyWithMe
Have you tried asking Google?

Yes I'm not dumb. I've only seen experiences of children working in the Industrial Revolution + Chadwick's Report but I need one more type and more resources to pick from for my factors so I wanted to look for documents on archives or websites specific to primary sources like Amercian's national archives.
That's sounds interesting. How's your NEA so far?

Ah, I've finished it!
But that's cos I'm in Year 13 though 😅
Ah, I've finished it!
But that's cos I'm in Year 13 though 😅

Omg I totally thought you were yr 12 :lol: did you do AQA history?
Omg I totally thought you were yr 12 :lol: did you do AQA history?

no worries haha, I am quite glad to not be in year 12 rn, I think I'd really struggle studying completely by myself. How are you finding it?

Nope I did OCR for A level and AQA for GCSE
no worries haha, I am quite glad to not be in year 12 rn, I think I'd really struggle studying completely by myself. How are you finding it?

Nope I did OCR for A level and AQA for GCSE

I am really struggling writing it, especially the historians section, the primary sources and the start point of the main paragraphs.
Reply 15
https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/mod/modsbook.asp

I found this decent when doing my NEA, not sure what exactly you're doing yours on, so not sure if they'll have anything helpful to you though. But good luck
Original post by BrDy
https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/mod/modsbook.asp

I found this decent when doing my NEA, not sure what exactly you're doing yours on, so not sure if they'll have anything helpful to you though. But good luck

Thank you so much. I'm doing the Industrial Revolution and I found it covers it so it's definitely helpful.
Reply 17
I'm gonna just comment on this so I'll get notifs. This will be useful as I'm also doing my NEA on British history, specifically about the British Empire.
Original post by Anthos
I'm gonna just comment on this so I'll get notifs. This will be useful as I'm also doing my NEA on British history, specifically about the British Empire.

HAHAHA I DO THAT AS WELL :ahee: Unfortunately for me, I need someone to quote or tag me to get notifications. How's your NEA going btw?
Reply 19
HAHAHA I DO THAT AS WELL :ahee: Unfortunately for me, I need someone to quote or tag me to get notifications. How's your NEA going btw?

Not even into the research/writing stage yet lol. Compiled a reading list of 12-14 books etc last week, and over the summer need to reduce that to 5-7. I have no idea what my two opposing historian views will be, or the 3 primary sources either! By September though my teachers will want a brief plan of the NEA and finish it by Christmas in Y13. The NEA seems kinda intimidating

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending