The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer (2020 thread)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emilia_bxxxx
Nope, it was an online interview, bit not Skype

I’ve had that before so knew kind what to expect. Just be yourself. I had 9 questions in total. If I can give you a tip -watch the time as I went over some of the questions :/
Original post by mcclorp
I’m dreading it never had one before
Reply 61
I’ve had that before so knew kind what to expect. Just be yourself. I had 9 questions in total. If I can give you a tip -watch the time as I went over some of the questions :/

How did you do. Did you do yours at home
Original post by mcclorp
How did you do. Did you do yours at home

On my very own sofa :-) it went well
Reply 63
On my very own sofa :-) it went well

Hi again lol how many people were on the panel on your Skype interview
Original post by mcclorp
Hi again lol how many people were on the panel on your Skype interview

None. You are talking to yourself basically. It’s time limited. You see a question at the bottom of your screen, have some time (few seconds) to think about it and then the camera starts rolling and it’s all down to you:-) it’s really fun
Reply 65
None. You are talking to yourself basically. It’s time limited. You see a question at the bottom of your screen, have some time (few seconds) to think about it and then the camera starts rolling and it’s all down to you:-) it’s really fun

Really was yours a Skype or video interview was it for border force
Original post by mcclorp
Really was yours a Skype or video interview was it for border force

Yes - RTF. Why is yours for?
Maybe they will be doing another interview. Who knows. I didn’t think they were allowed face-to-face interview due to current situation
Reply 67
Yes - RTF. Why is yours for?
Maybe they will be doing another interview. Who knows. I didn’t think they were allowed face-to-face interview due to current situation

Tell me do they just call you on Skype so it’s a blank screen. I will need to speak to you lol I don’t understand all this my technical knowledge is scrap
Original post by mcclorp
Tell me do they just call you on Skype so it’s a blank screen. I will need to speak to you lol I don’t understand all this my technical knowledge is scrap

Mine wasn’t Skype interview -I needed to download an app. And logged onto an app and do it there when I wanted. Have you received email inviting you to do that?
Reply 69
Mine wasn’t Skype interview -I needed to download an app. And logged onto an app and do it there when I wanted. Have you received email inviting you to do that?

No mine is Skype it says they test call me 1 to 2 days before
Original post by mcclorp
No mine is Skype it says they test call me 1 to 2 days before

What role is it for?
Reply 71
What role is it for?

BFO support
Reply 72
Hi all,

With this being a new thread thought I would share my timeline to give you all an idea of what the wait could be like, this is for the North West.

The interview I believe is different now, I had two behaviour questions and six strength questions and scored 29 strong demonstration.

Applied Nov 2018
Interview June 2019
Successful July 2019

Provisional offer March 2020
Pre employment checks & SC March / April 20
Formal offer July 20
Original post by MonkeyH
Hi all,

With this being a new thread thought I would share my timeline to give you all an idea of what the wait could be like, this is for the North West.

The interview I believe is different now, I had two behaviour questions and six strength questions and scored 29 strong demonstration.

Applied Nov 2018
Interview June 2019
Successful July 2019

Formal offer July 20

Thank you
Original post by MonkeyH
Hi all,

Applied Nov 2018
Interview June 2019
Successful July 2019

Formal offer July 20

Wow. Almost 2 years from application to start, were you really unlucky or did u pause it for a while?
Reply 75
Original post by 21222324
Wow. Almost 2 years from application to start, were you really unlucky or did u pause it for a while?

No Pause from my side! Looking on the other forums I am not alone with the wait.

The norm with a very small exception is usually you sit on the reserve list for between six & nine months.

Since originally applying I have had a delay in Brexit twice and now COVID-19!
Reply 76
Original post by MonkeyH
No Pause from my side! Looking on the other forums I am not alone with the wait.

The norm with a very small exception is usually you sit on the reserve list for between six & nine months.

Since originally applying I have had a delay in Brexit twice and now COVID-19!

I’m on list nearly 5 months and finding that long lol
Reply 77
Original post by mcclorp
I’m on list nearly 5 months and finding that long lol

It wouldn't be so bad if you received warm updates throughout the period, but you don't!

It's all of nothing, when the process starts it moves with pace.
Reply 78
Original post by MonkeyH
Hi all,

Applied Nov 2018
Interview June 2019
Successful July 2019

Formal offer July 20

Similar time frames here bar the provision offer (yet) :biggrin:

Applied Nov 2018
Interview March 2020
Successful March 2020
Now on the waiting list.

Fingers crossed with the announcement the day people on the waiting list will hopefully see movement soon. I was reading that they're meant to be investing a total of 700 million into the Border Force, nearly £200mil of that on staff/recruitment & the rest on infrastructure & IT systems.
Reply 79
Original post by MarcJ89
Similar time frames here bar the provision offer (yet) :biggrin:

Applied Nov 2018
Interview March 2020
Successful March 2020
Now on the waiting list.

Fingers crossed with the announcement the day people on the waiting list will hopefully see movement soon. I was reading that they're meant to be investing a total of 700 million into the Border Force, nearly £200mil of that on staff/recruitment & the rest on infrastructure & IT systems.

Hi Marc,

I may of asked you on a previous post, what location are you waiting on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending