The Student Room Group

Applying for a student bank account

Hi,
I'm an upcoming EU ug student and right now I'm trying to apply for a student account. I've already made up a decent list of places to apply to online and couldn't help, but wonder: Does applying for a student bank account bind me to accept the deal in case my application is successful, or can I still reject it?
I know this might sound a bit paranoid, but I'm just trying confirmation from a person who has already been through this process so I don't screw myself over by applying to several banks at once.

Ty in advance,
Dwalw
Original post by Dwalwoody
Hi,
I'm an upcoming EU ug student and right now I'm trying to apply for a student account. I've already made up a decent list of places to apply to online and couldn't help, but wonder: Does applying for a student bank account bind me to accept the deal in case my application is successful, or can I still reject it?
I know this might sound a bit paranoid, but I'm just trying confirmation from a person who has already been through this process so I don't screw myself over by applying to several banks at once.

Ty in advance,
Dwalw

You will need your CAS letter plus some confirmation of id and confirmation of where you will be living. Until then, I don't think they will open you an account.

You should also note that it will be a basic account rather than the one that UK students get which has some free gifts and an overdraft.

Student accounts used to be free, but seems no longer. You can open an account when you get here and if you really need a UK account as soon as you get here, then you can pay for a unizest account for a few months till you are set up.

http://www.unizest.co.uk/en-gb/

Quick Reply