Report Thread starter 4 months ago
i currently do applied law, applied business, a level media, core maths and EPQ
i have recieved so far this year in year 12
applied law: merit
applied business: merit
media: B
core maths: A
EPQ: B
i believe i can achieve better as i have been improving from the beginning and my teachers believe so as long as i stop being "lazy". i want to do a law degree in uni but i'm not sure whether i have what it takes compared to other people applying or should i just look into criminology, i love law so much but this quarantine has made me lazier with school work.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by strawberrymilk_)
i believe i can achieve better as i have been improving from the beginning and my teachers believe so as long as i stop being "lazy". i want to do a law degree in uni but i'm not sure whether i have what it takes compared to other people applying or should i just look into criminology, i love law so much but this quarantine has made me lazier with school work.
Hey strawberrymilk_!

We are living in an unprecedented time, so I wouldn't let your current standard of work reflect and change what you will study at university. If you like law and want to study it go for it! Have a look at which universities will accept your predicted grades and go from there

Courtney -- Official Student Rep
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
I did A-level Law so kind of similar and it is one of the most challenging A-levels. The EPQ runs for only 1 out of 2 sixth form years (normally). So that will give you more opportunity to revise etc. Choose a degree you want to do not one you’re just content with.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by strawberrymilk_)
You want to study law, and your taking 2 A-levels, 2 BTEC & EPQ.
-Law is competitive and I think not having 3 full A-levels will mean the more competitive unis will be a struggle.

-If you look at all the unis which the LLB im sure you can some unis that will take your subjects but you may have to flexible.

-With criminology you'll probably have more uni options as it is far less competitive. Getting a BA in Criminology wouldn't shut the door on law, if after your degree you still wished to pursue law you could then do the GDL and become a lawyer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads