The Student Room Group

veterinary medicine W/E

i have finished year 11 and have decided i want to study veterinary medicine at uni however the amount of work experience sounds a lot (liverpool 10 weeks)
so i was wondering does one week of work experience mean 7 full days as in 7 saturdays or can it be like working afterschool everyday for a week?

also do you have any advice
thanks
You will be able to find the requirements of each individual university and how they count experience on their websites

But as a general rule a working week is 5 days and each day is typically 8 hours long (you can't count a lunch break as an hour)

So if you were doing things after school chances are a week of that would only equal a day.

Liverpool I believe have actually lowered their work experience requirements (pre-covid)

Veterinary medicine does require a lot of work experience - but this is nothing compared to the work of the degree, I would strongly consider if you want to commit to the career/application process before you start as it will be a waste of effort to submit an application that isn't the best it can be and get rejected.

Most work experience must be within 18 months (pending uni) of application date - so consider when you would be applying and if it will fall within the bracket otherwise whilst good experience on paper you may be left with few weeks.
Original post by khakigreen20
i have finished year 11 and have decided i want to study veterinary medicine at uni however the amount of work experience sounds a lot (liverpool 10 weeks)
so i was wondering does one week of work experience mean 7 full days as in 7 saturdays or can it be like working afterschool everyday for a week?

also do you have any advice
thanks

Liverpool hasn't required 10 weeks for quite a while. Make sure you look at the individual uni websites rather than some out of date combined doc circulating the internet :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending