The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

No more accomodation for LSE?

Due to the uncertainty of Covid + waiting on my all my offers before I firmed + Waiting on my actual offer + Wating on student finance (Most crucial). I have only recently tried to apply for accommodation at LSE.

Using the LSE Accommodation booking service, I could only find Urbanest Westminster bridge and Urbanest Kings cross locations available. They are very expensive (10-11k for a year) but that wasn't too much of an issue because I got the maximum student loan possible (£12,010) + I will likely get the LSE bursary of £4000. However, after actually go on the Urbanest website from the LSE acc service, I saw that they had no rooms to move in September.

What are my options?

Will rooms open up after results day?
Reply 1
Original post by Masterspryce
Due to the uncertainty of Covid + waiting on my all my offers before I firmed + Waiting on my actual offer + Wating on student finance (Most crucial). I have only recently tried to apply for accommodation at LSE.

Using the LSE Accommodation booking service, I could only find Urbanest Westminster bridge and Urbanest Kings cross locations available. They are very expensive (10-11k for a year) but that wasn't too much of an issue because I got the maximum student loan possible (£12,010) + I will likely get the LSE bursary of £4000. However, after actually go on the Urbanest website from the LSE acc service, I saw that they had no rooms to move in September.

What are my options?

Please contact our Residential Services team at [email protected]
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
If anyone is still looking for accommodation near LSE, I'm looking for someone to take over my contract for the next academic year.

It's for a one bedroom ensuite room in a shared flat at Unite Students. It's £205pw which is reasonable considering the contract includes bills, wifi, common room, study room, laundry facilities etc.

The accommodation is in Tottenham hale, north London and is a 2 min walk away from the underground station. Only takes 15 minutes to get to zone 1.

Message me if interested!
Reply 3
Original post by dr378
If anyone is still looking for accommodation near LSE, I'm looking for someone to take over my contract for the next academic year.

It's for a one bedroom ensuite room in a shared flat at Unite Students. It's £205pw which is reasonable considering the contract includes bills, wifi, common room, study room, laundry facilities etc.

The accommodation is in Tottenham hale, north London and is a 2 min walk away from the underground station. Only takes 15 minutes to get to zone 1.D

Message me if interested!

Damn that does sound tempting with ensuite and cheap price, but it's 40 mins away from LSE by rail according to google maps :frown: . Is it catered? If so I will definitely consider it if it is still available.
Original post by Imafont
Damn that does sound tempting with ensuite and cheap price, but it's 40 mins away from LSE by rail according to google maps :frown: . Is it catered? If so I will definitely consider it if it is still available.

It's not 40 mins... From Tottenham hale to King's cross is like 15 minutes on Victoria line (one the fastest lines in London)... Switching to central line is one stop from King's Cross. I used to live in Tottenham Hale when i did my A level foundation, it's not an inconvenient location. I never felt like i was commuting too long.

It might take 40 minutes if you use the picadilly line however.... 😂 Because it stops EVERYWHERE.

Victoria goes Tottenhamhale, Seven Sisters, Arsenal stop, King's Cross...
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Imafont

Hi, it definitely wont take 40 mins... it takes 17 minutes to get to oxford street which is right in central London. It's not catered, but there are a lot of shops and supermarkets in the area.
Original post by dr378
Hi, it definitely wont take 40 mins... it takes 17 minutes to get to oxford street which is right in central London. It's not catered, but there are a lot of shops and supermarkets in the area.

Lidl, KFC, Curry's PC World... Poundland... Loved living there 😂 Memories jog.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Lidl, KFC, Curry's PC World... Poundland... Loved living there 😂 Memories jog.

Well, well, well... I wondered if we ever unknowingly bumped into each other??? 😁
Original post by ageshallnot
Well, well, well... I wondered if we ever unknowingly bumped into each other??? 😁

Hahaha possibly 😊😊 2016-2017 for me 😀
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Hahaha possibly 😊😊 2016-2017 for me 😀

Yep, we would have overlapped.
Original post by ageshallnot
Yep, we would have overlapped.

Hahaha nice
Reply 11
Original post by dr378

Ah ok that just goes to show how little I know about London :smile:. I'll probably stick with LSE accommodation for first year since I want to meet new people in LSE, but I'll definitely ask if your place is available by mid august if I got the short end of the stick for my accommodation choices.
Reply 12
Original post by Imafont
Ah ok that just goes to show how little I know about London :smile:. I'll probably stick with LSE accommodation for first year since I want to meet new people in LSE, but I'll definitely ask if your place is available by mid august if I got the short end of the stick for my accommodation choices.

Okay cool, just message me if still interested :smile:
Reply 13
Hi, looking for a replacement for my studio at urbanest Westminster bridge. Rent is 412.38 per week (cheaper than the current rate) and it’s for 51 weeks. All bills included with a gym, sauna and swimming pool. Modern furniture and a nice central location (close to waterloo, westminster and lambeth north station) Message me if you’re interested.
Reply 14
Original post by Olus19
Hi, looking for a replacement for my studio at urbanest Westminster bridge. Rent is 412.38 per week (cheaper than the current rate) and it’s for 51 weeks. All bills included with a gym, sauna and swimming pool. Modern furniture and a nice central location (close to waterloo, westminster and lambeth north station) Message me if you’re interested.

Holy moly 412 a week?
Original post by Masterspryce

What are my options?

Dear Masterspryce,
I am joining the LSE and got a studio at Goodenough. I am therefore proposing a takeover of my Urbanest contract for 2020-2021. The (approx. 20 sqm) studio is located on the top floor (18th) of Urbanest Westminster Bridge student accommodation. Rent is 479.00 pound per week. Tenancy starts on 10th September 2020 and ends on 1st September 2021. Kind regards, Bernard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending