The Student Room Group

CIE A level 2020 results day

So to all those who are sitting CIE A levels around the world!! How are you feeling about results day?

What are you predicted?
What do you need?
What are your A level options?
Which uni are you off to?

Good luck!!
Reply 1
I heard that some schools in my country really raised a lot of their students grades to the point Cambridge said they will lower everyone's grades.My school is terrible and we didnt finish the entire syllabus so a lot of work and exams are missing commpared to other schools. so no hope for me.
I am currently studying these as levels but edexcel not CIE: statistics, math p1 and p2, chemistry and biology
what about u?
Original post by xliy
I heard that some schools in my country really raised a lot of their students grades to the point Cambridge said they will lower everyone's grades.My school is terrible and we didnt finish the entire syllabus so a lot of work and exams are missing commpared to other schools. so no hope for me.
I am currently studying these as levels but edexcel not CIE: statistics, math p1 and p2, chemistry and biology
what about u?

Where are you from?
And I am sitting A level Maths, Physics and Economics.
I need AAB to go to Kings College London for Physics. I am a Home student tho
Original post by bored_user:)
So to all those who are sitting CIE A levels around the world!! How are you feeling about results day?

What are you predicted?
What do you need?

Good luck!!

Predicted A*. Need an A* because my course rn is computer engineering but I wanna appeal and get computer science

I have 2 A* and an A rn so if I get a third A* that would make me very happy indeed

joining National University of Singapore 😊
Reply 4
Original post by bored_user:)

What are you predicted?
What do you need?

Good luck!!

CIE A Level Physics only, other subjects from Edexcel IAL

Prediction- A*
Gap year student so haven't applied to any, but really need A* as my edexcel subjects might get downgraded for School

CIE is Private, got 92% in AS.
Got my A*! How were your results?
I heard a lot of people didn’t get the grade that was predicted for them
To be honest, I was quite concerned given the unorthodox method this time around but I reckon it went surprisingly well for me.

AS/AL Chemistry (9701):
Predicted - A*
Achieved - A*

AL Mathematics (9709):
Predicted - A*
Achieved - A

Perhaps due to my low A (UMS - 82) in AS Mathematics but I'm more than satisfied with sticking with the A grade.

In addition to this, I have an A (UMS- 84) in AS/AL Physics from May/June 2019 so it's A*AA in entirety.

Good riddance, it was an arduous 3 years of CAIE AS/AL though...

Off to Hong Kong PolyU now, hopefully.
Reply 7
Original post by MushiRock11
To be honest, I was quite concerned given the unorthodox method this time around but I reckon it went surprisingly well for me.

AS/AL Chemistry (9701):
Predicted - A*
Achieved - A*

AL Mathematics (9709):
Predicted - A*
Achieved - A

Perhaps due to my low A (UMS - 82) in AS Mathematics but I'm more than satisfied with sticking with the A grade.

In addition to this, I have an A (UMS- 84) in AS/AL Physics from May/June 2019 so it's A*AA in entirety.

Good riddance, it was an arduous 3 years of CAIE AS/AL though...

Off to Hong Kong PolyU now, hopefully.

Congrats buddy

Good luck with Uni

Original post by Roha125
CIE A Level Physics only, other subjects from Edexcel IAL

Prediction- A*
Gap year student so haven't applied to any, but really need A* as my edexcel subjects might get downgraded for School

CIE is Private, got 92% in AS.

Got the Edexcel ones,
overall 3A* & 2 A...

F. Math was only AS so A highest and missed A* in Mathematics by 3 marks.

Had 82 on P3, predicted A* on P4 ~ Got 95/100... needed 90% in P3,P4 ~ 177/200 :frown:

Fixing all the university shenanigans, will apply for 21 Fall.
Original post by Roha125
Congrats buddy

Good luck with Uni

Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest