The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer (2020 thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by 21222324
Wow. Almost 2 years from application to start, were you really unlucky or did u pause it for a while?

The vast majority of people on these forums have waited similar time scales. I don't think I've seen anyone wait less than 18-24 months lol
Reply 81
Original post by MonkeyH
Hi Marc,

I may of asked you on a previous post, what location are you waiting on?

I'm waiting on the North Region (North East). I've seen over a few forums that there is movement around the Manchester & London areas. Also, a few people has mentioned an online training for June & July, attending training as normal from July & Aug subject to social distancing of-course.

Also, I've seen people mention start dates for Sept too. So, fingers crossed after the announcement the people on the waiting list may have some movement.

I think its crazy that they don't keep you updated at all to be honest. Would be great from our perspective to kept updated, but I believe you just get an email out of nowhere for a provisional offer & a form to complete for SC? I could be wrong though...
Reply 82
Original post by MarcJ89
I'm waiting on the North Region (North East). I've seen over a few forums that there is movement around the Manchester & London areas. Also, a few people has mentioned an online training for June & July, attending training as normal from July & Aug subject to social distancing of-course.

Also, I've seen people mention start dates for Sept too. So, fingers crossed after the announcement the people on the waiting list may have some movement.

I think its crazy that they don't keep you updated at all to be honest. Would be great from our perspective to kept updated, but I believe you just get an email out of nowhere for a provisional offer & a form to complete for SC? I could be wrong though...

Once you receive your provisional offer all the pre employment checks start these can take anything from a few days to weeks.

SC can take up to 40 days regardless.
Reply 83
Original post by MonkeyH
Once you receive your provisional offer all the pre employment checks start these can take anything from a few days to weeks.

SC can take up to 40 days regardless.

Fingers crossed i hear something soon, just found out i'm at risk of redundancy (not due to covid19). If i hear something before September i'll be chuffed! it'll work out nicely in theory.
Reply 84
Original post by MarcJ89
Fingers crossed i hear something soon, just found out i'm at risk of redundancy (not due to covid19). If i hear something before September i'll be chuffed! it'll work out nicely in theory.

Chase it up for update mate, I emailed them having concerns about people from the July 19 campaign getting formal offers.

Squeeky wheel gets oiled first!!
Reply 85
Original post by MonkeyH
Chase it up for update mate, I emailed them having concerns about people from the July 19 campaign getting formal offers.

Squeeky wheel gets oiled first!!

Yeah, could be worth a shout.

Its amazing how people I've seen in fairness who are on later campaigns than the 2018 who has had offers.

I've got a feeling i'll probably just get a standardised response but, see what they say. When i get a reply i'll keep you posted.

Have you had your offer yet? (May have asked previously sorry).
Reply 86
Original post by MarcJ89
Yeah, could be worth a shout.

Its amazing how people I've seen in fairness who are on later campaigns than the 2018 who has had offers.

I've got a feeling i'll probably just get a standardised response but, see what they say. When i get a reply i'll keep you posted.

Have you had your offer yet? (May have asked previously sorry).

Listen I am also in same situation on list from feb 20 I have contacted GRS several times but never get a proper reply all they say is you will be on hold for 12 months and to watch CS account
Reply 87
Hi all has anyone had a Skype interview as yet and what device is best for this
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Keeya123
Hey has anyone had an update? Iā€™m on reserve for Belfast with no contact since

Hi Keeya

Im also on the reserve list for Belfast after having my interview in Feb 2020. Have not heard anything yet but if i do i will let you know. The waiting is killing me, if you hear anything let me know.

Best of luck
Original post by Jdogg2342
Anyone on here get contacted regarding belfast docks BFO positions

HI Jdogg2342

I am currently on the reserve list and have been since February 2020. No updates for myself yet but hoping for something asap. Let me know if you hear anything.

Dean
Original post by vanessawozny
There are so many threads and they're all muddled from previous years. So I thought I'd start a new one for this year so people can post current updates.

I applied May 19 for BFAO (although they've called it Project Aug now) and after months of being on the reserve list, I finally received a provisional offer three weeks ago. I completed the forms for SC and passed. I received an email a few days ago saying that someone will get in contact to confirm my start date or to let me know what will happen next.

Has anyone been through this yet? Or is anyone in the same position as I am? I would like to know how long it will take for them to get back to me. It's incredibly frustrating having to wait so long for things to move forward. Especially as they seem to keep moving my location and have no clue what is going on or where I'll be.

Hi, I am also currently on the reserve list and have been from February. No updates as off yet but hoping. Best of luck.
Reply 92
Iā€™ve only just had someone contact me for a start date for Teesport. I had my provisional offer in March and my SC and preemployment checks done by May. If you ask the government recruitment service to chase it for you they will, thatā€™s what they did for me
Reply 93
Original post by C98bax
Iā€™ve only just had someone contact me for a start date for Teesport. I had my provisional offer in March and my SC and preemployment checks done by May. If you ask the government recruitment service to chase it for you they will, thatā€™s what they did for me

Well done!! It feels good once you get your date!
Reply 94
Original post by MonkeyH
Well done!! It feels good once you get your date!

Thank you! It certainly does!
Reply 95
Hi everyone. Would anyone who has applied for border force officer mind sharing their scores for the verbal reasoning and civil judgement tests please. I have gone through to the next stage, however I know not everyone gets feedback with the larger volume applications. I didn't, but after an enquiry I recieved the basic stats. I'm curious as to how that will be measured. Thanks in advance. Good luck to you all.
Reply 96
Original post by Chopie
Hi everyone. Would anyone who has applied for border force officer mind sharing their scores for the verbal reasoning and civil judgement tests please. I have gone through to the next stage, however I know not everyone gets feedback with the larger volume applications. I didn't, but after an enquiry I recieved the basic stats. I'm curious as to how that will be measured. Thanks in advance. Good luck to you all.

Hi Pal,

My application was Nov 2018 so not sure if the same format now but my scores were 56% & 78%.
Reply 97
Original post by MonkeyH
Hi Pal,

My application was Nov 2018 so not sure if the same format now but my scores were 56% & 78%.

Heya, thanks for that. I was going to try and figure out where they set the bar. Is that 78 for verbal, 56 civil judgement or other way round? Well done either way, both great scores. šŸ‘āœŒļø
Reply 98
Original post by Chopie
Heya, thanks for that. I was going to try and figure out where they set the bar. Is that 78 for verbal, 56 civil judgement or other way round? Well done either way, both great scores. šŸ‘āœŒļø

Hi,

It was 56% Verbal Reasoning & 78% Judgement Test
Reply 99
I just had an email inviting me to do a video interview via the app download. The email says it has to be completed within 5 days. There's no specific booked slot or anything though. Has anyone else completed an app video interview?

Quick Reply

Latest