The Student Room Group

Graduate audit salary

Hi,With the current covid situation, I was told that my audit graduate role at Mazars in september will still occur but my wage will be cut by 10% (from 23k to 21k). I felt 23k was respectable and whilst 21k will be easy for me to live off, I don't know if it is worth living off that for 3 years. Does anyone have any opinions on how the salary will progress and if after passing the ACA my salary will be any betterThanks!
at mazars you qualify around 35-40 depending on office, not sure how much it increases each year though
Reply 2
Original post by Gent2324
at mazars you qualify around 35-40 depending on office, not sure how much it increases each year though

So does this mean once I have passed the ACA after 3 years i will 'jump' to that salary or will it be progressive from your knowledge
Original post by harp00n101
So does this mean once I have passed the ACA after 3 years i will 'jump' to that salary or will it be progressive from your knowledge

progressive, it wont be 21 for 3 years, more like 21 to 26 to 30 each year and then to 35 when you qualify. i dont know the exact figures for mazars but it will be that kind of pattern.
Reply 4
progressive, it wont be 21 for 3 years, more like 21 to 26 to 30 each year and then to 35 when you qualify. i dont know the exact figures for mazars but it will be that kind of pattern.

Ah okay , so even though i have started on a lower wage because of Covid do you think the progression will be similar ?
Thanks for all the help its much appreciated !
Original post by harp00n101
Ah okay , so even though i have started on a lower wage because of Covid do you think the progression will be similar ?
Thanks for all the help its much appreciated !

not sure tbh, id imagine that you would still qualify on the same salary because if not you can just dip and go to another firm once u have ACA. and since you trained there they are gonna want to keep you if they can.

it really depends on how mazars does over the next few years, mid tier firms are suffering quite a bit because they audit some small businesses which are going bust, that being said, mazars does have some big clients so you should be alright.
Reply 6
not sure tbh, id imagine that you would still qualify on the same salary because if not you can just dip and go to another firm once u have ACA. and since you trained there they are gonna want to keep you if they can.

it really depends on how mazars does over the next few years, mid tier firms are suffering quite a bit because they audit some small businesses which are going bust, that being said, mazars does have some big clients so you should be alright.

Yea this all makes sense, fingers crossed it all plans out.
Thanks so much for your help, you've put my mind at ease a little bit !
which office did you apply for? i applied for an office near london and am worried 21k will be too low for me as i wont be living at home either.
Original post by raptors2018
which office did you apply for? i applied for an office near london and am worried 21k will be too low for me as i wont be living at home either.

london will be 27-30
I'm currently applying for a tax grad role for a September 2021 start at Mazars. I wanted to ask (if you do not mind), about the starting salary in London for Tax as in another thread on TSR one person who received an internal audit grad offer also in London office said his starting salary is said to be only £24k. This seems quite low for Mazars being such a large firm and that too in a London office. It is contradictory to what an Assistant Manager at Mazars who personally told me regarding graduate starting salary in London being £28-30k. However, I do not know for certain which is the truth.

Quick Reply

Latest