The Student Room Group

Iceland application!!

Hi guys,

I keep applying for iceland but i can never get past the first few questions? ive done it a bunch of times and i choose different answers but it dosent work.
can anyone thatworks at iceland or has gotten to the interview stage help me??

Scroll to see replies

What questions and what did you answer?
Reply 2
do you work at iceland?
Try TK MAXX they take on lots of students its very easy to get a job there its an American Company
applied for grad scheme previously. But it’s your answers we need to see to figure out why you aren’t progressing. Are you tailoring your app to the role?
I’ve made it past the Iceland questions but never got an invite to interview. If you send pictures in this thread I could help if you want :wink:
Reply 6
What is it like to work in Iceland?
Original post by 73iso
What is it like to work in Iceland?

Very cold
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous17!
I’ve made it past the Iceland questions but never got an invite to interview. If you send pictures in this thread I could help if you want :wink:

This is the exact same as me! I have applied and have never gotten past the actual online application : (
I thought this was an application to a uni in iceland
Original post by Anonymous17!
I’ve made it past the Iceland questions but never got an invite to interview.

Original post by eyezah
This is the exact same as me! I have applied and have never gotten past the actual online application : (

Same here :dontknow:
Reply 11
I recently just got a job in Iceland so I can maybe help out what are you struggling with? x
Reply 12
Original post by sobroke
I recently just got a job in Iceland so I can maybe help out what are you struggling with? x

Hiii, I’ve got a couple questions if you don’t mind me asking x
Firstly how did you apply?, is it worth going instore and asking? (I just don’t want them to just turn me away and say apply online haha)
And secondly, how long did they take to reply back to you?

Thanks so much x
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
Sorry for the late reply I didn’t get a notification about this, I applied online, they don’t do in store applications anymore I don’t think, and I had to do an online mini test and application thing, what got me the interview was probably that I wrote paragraphs in the questions bit. Like they asked questions about why you want to work for the company, what skills do you have, what are your hobbies etc, and the most important thing is being genuine. They like honesty and transparency, if you have no previous experience they don’t mind just be clear but do kinda write a lot and explain yourself well. Hope that helps
Reply 14
Original post by sobroke
Sorry for the late reply I didn’t get a notification about this, I applied online, they don’t do in store applications anymore I don’t think, and I had to do an online mini test and application thing, what got me the interview was probably that I wrote paragraphs in the questions bit. Like they asked questions about why you want to work for the company, what skills do you have, what are your hobbies etc, and the most important thing is being genuine. They like honesty and transparency, if you have no previous experience they don’t mind just be clear but do kinda write a lot and explain yourself well. Hope that helps

Thanks so much for your help, Sorry for asking so many questions, but roughly how long did they take to respond to your application? I applied last week, hoping for a response 🤞🏼
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by eyezah
Thanks so much for your help, Sorry for asking so many questions, but roughly how long did they take to respond to your application? I applied last week, hoping for a response 🤞🏼

I think they responded in half week for an interview and then after the interview like 2/3 days for the job offer. But I applied like an hour after the first posted the ad just coincidentally. You could phone them up and ask if they’ve received your application
Reply 16
Original post by sobroke
I think they responded in half week for an interview and then after the interview like 2/3 days for the job offer. But I applied like an hour after the first posted the ad just coincidentally. You could phone them up and ask if they’ve received your application

Thank you 🥰
Hi
Tell them you are from Iceland :biggrin:
Jesting apart, spice up your app, online form say you worked at your uncles coldstore and aunts shop and had to ensure sheleves were stocked and newer items went to the back and minimal mess was made when filling shelves and you are aware customers could trip over your and the boxes so you'd be extra careful and ready to help customers with questions.
HTH
Try applying to other places as well
yes please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending