The Student Room Group

Abortion advice !!!

I’m 21 and accidentally got pregnancy after the condom splitting. I took a test and I’m 3 weeks pregnant

I had sex with someone on a first date and I have no intention of seeing them again - do I tell them?

I’m definitely getting an abortion. This isn’t a time for me to be pregnant hence using condoms but unfortunately it didn’t do its job.

I’m going to tell my mum, I live with her and it would be impossible for me to hide it from her. I’m nervous what she’ll think but we’re close so I hope it will be ok. How did your parents react?

Has anyone got any stories on telling their parents they’re pregnant? Is it best to add in straight away that you’re getting an abortion? I don’t want her to think I’ve been stupid and haven’t used contraception when I did. I feel like I want to text her whilst I’m out.. I don’t know how I can say it face to face..

Also, how was your medical abortion? What week did you have it and how bad was the pain for you? Did you have any complications? Also, when did you get back to normal life with no bleeding etc.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. I’m so nervous
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 21 and accidentally got pregnancy after the condom splitting. I took a test and I’m 3 weeks pregnant

I had sex with someone on a first date and I have no intention of seeing them again - do I tell them?

I’m definitely getting an abortion. This isn’t a time for me to be pregnant hence using condoms but unfortunately it didn’t do its job.

I’m going to tell my mum, I live with her and it would be impossible for me to hide it from her. I’m nervous what she’ll think but we’re close so I hope it will be ok. How did your parents react?

Has anyone got any stories on telling their parents they’re pregnant? Is it best to add in straight away that you’re getting an abortion? I don’t want her to think I’ve been stupid and haven’t used contraception when I did. I feel like I want to text her whilst I’m out.. I don’t know how I can say it face to face..

Also, how was your medical abortion? What week did you have it and how bad was the pain for you? Did you have any complications? Also, when did you get back to normal life with no bleeding etc.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. I’m so nervous

If you don't feel like you can tell her face to face, write it down in a letter and say everything you want. Say that you used contraception but it failed, you have a plan etc. That way she can get all the information at once.

Considering it was a one night stand, I don't think you need to tell them. If you were in a relationship with them then I would say they should know, but because you won't see him again I don't think it's important that they know. However, it might be beneficial for somebody else to know so that you have someone to talk to. It doesn't have to be the father, but just a friend or someone you trust to talk to. It's a big deal and you'll likely be going through some emotions. It'll be good to be able to talk about it.

As for the questions regarding the procedure, this is something you need to discuss with your GP. I think at your stage you'll be given pills to take and it'll just be like a heavy period, but I'm not an expert so best to ask the medical professionals.

Oh, you should also get tested for STDs in a few weeks considering the condom failed, this would have potentially exposed you to diseases. All the best to you.
I doubt that the "father" would care whether you were pregnant or not. He has probably forgotten you already.

If I was your mother I wouldn't judge you for sleeping with him, but I would be very concerned that you think that the social distancing rules during the current pandemic don't apply to you.

I am pro choice BTW, so I wouldn't judge you at all for choosing the right option for you. IMO every child should be a wanted child.
(edited 3 years ago)
Imagine one night standing using just condoms 🤣 Jesus Christ..what happens when another “fails to do its job” just going to abort that one too? Everyone has to use their brain cells before sex and realise there is a good chance of getting pregnant unless using different forms of contraception..suggest going on implant or pill as a fail safe if condoms split etc, people telling you not to contact the farther is the most messed up **** I have ever heard..so he gets 0 say and not even telling him and if he finds out? 🤣 at the end of the day this is your own fault and mess and now you’re aborting a baby over a one night stand because you thought just using condoms was smart..tell your parents and I hope she understands but also rips some sense into you because clearly you need it.

I’m not one of these mongs who thinks abortion is bad and stuff as I don’t really care but when people are aborting kids for the most dumb reasons like one night stands and using just a condom like 🤣sit down face to face and tell her straight then get it over and done with and move on as if it’s totally normal 👍
I would recommend that you also get tested for STDs, sis. I have no experience (touch wood) with abortions, but after reading that the condom split, and you're not together, might be for the best that you get tested. I really hope it goes well for you! All the love <3

Also, ignore anon 2; accidents happen all the time! Don't feel bad!
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest