The Student Room Group

Funding for a second degree

Hi

I have a BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering degree and would like to do a second degree in Dentistry. I was wondering if you would be able to advise me on what help from SFE I’d be eligible for. I have been told different things from different people so wanted some clarity on what is correct.
Original post by farahkhan92
Hi

I have a BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering degree and would like to do a second degree in Dentistry. I was wondering if you would be able to advise me on what help from SFE I’d be eligible for. I have been told different things from different people so wanted some clarity on what is correct.

Hi, is this undergraduate or graduate entry dentistry?
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, is this undergraduate or graduate entry dentistry?
Thanks, Isaac

Undergrad.
Undergrad.

Only graduate entry dentistry is an exceptions course, not undergraduate. You won't be eligible for any Tuition Fee Loan for this course, only a Maintenance Loan.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Only graduate entry dentistry is an exceptions course, not undergraduate. You won't be eligible for any Tuition Fee Loan for this course, only a Maintenance Loan.
Thanks, Isaac

What about the fifth year? Is this funded by the NHS?
What about the fifth year? Is this funded by the NHS?

Yes in the 5th year the fees are paid for by the NHS and you can receive the very basic reduced rate maintenance loan from SFE which is around 2k.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending