The Student Room Group

Independent PGCE at Buckingham - too good to be true ?

Found no discussion on Buckingham Univ. in relation to their I- PGCE. After all I have encountered since January, could there really be a uni that offers the training days at a hotel spa and only demands 10 or 15 days' work a week in a private school to train ? What's the catch ?
Original post by Voxdei
Found no discussion on Buckingham Univ. in relation to their I- PGCE. After all the Morlocks I have encountered since January, could there really be a uni that offers the training days at a hotel spa and only demands 10 or 15 days' work a week in a private school to train ? What's the catch ?

It doesn't give you QTS and is designed for serving teachers from what I can see ...
Reply 2
What's not to like ? It does not require a second school placement, there is no skills test or interview, you can have a lower teaching timetable than is needed for QTS and you do not need to have taught across two key stages which is a requirement of QTS.

Isn't QTS sth that the STATE is obsessed with - I have applied to private schools and private "crammers" and they are keener on the PGCE than the QTS. They are managing so well (the State) that now they need tutors, as usual, to do what teachers don't do in the classroom. Can't wait for a Tutors' PGCE.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Voxdei
What's not to like ? It does not require a second school placement, there is no skills test or interview, you can have a lower teaching timetable than is needed for QTS and you do not need to have taught across two key stages which is a requirement of QTS.

Isn't QTS sth that the STATE is obsessed with - I have applied to private schools and private "crammers" and they are keener on the PGCE than the QTS. They are managing so well (the State) that now they need tutors, as usual, to do what teachers don't do in the classroom. Can't wait for a Tutors' PGCE.

Are you already teaching though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending