The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Clearing 2020 at SOAS

There are places available on a number of courses at SOAS through Clearing for September 2020

Clearing allows universities to fill any places they still have on their programmes. From 6 July 20 October you can apply for a programme at SOAS using Clearing if you’re not already holding an offer from a university or college.

You can use Clearing if:
- you’re applying via UCAS after 30 June
- you didn’t receive any UCAS offers (or none you wanted to accept)
- you didn’t meet the conditions of your UCAS offers
- you’ve declined your firm place using the ‘decline my place’ button in UCAS Track

Find our which degree programmes are available and register your interest in Clearing at SOAS here. https://www.soas.ac.uk/clearing/

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I emailed the clearing email adress about re-applying to SOAS through clearing but had no reply. Is this the best way of trying to get in contact?

Thanks
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by thebrowncanary
Hi,
I emailed the clearing email adress about re-applying to SOAS through clearing but had no reply. Is this the best way of trying to get in contact?

Thanks

Hello,

Have you already got an offer to study at SOAS/or somewhere else?
Original post by SOAS
Hello,

Have you already got an offer to study at SOAS/or somewhere else?

Hi,
I currently have an offer with someone else. I did also apply to SOAS this year but was unsuccessful due to my grades being just shy of required.
I would really like to go to SOAS so want to ask again.
Hi,
I currently have an offer with someone else. I did also apply to SOAS this year but was unsuccessful due to my grades being just shy of required.
I would really like to go to SOAS so want to ask again.

Hello,

Do you have your final results yet? Once you have these, you can try and reapply to SOAS through Clearing.
Original post by SOAS
Hello,

Do you have your final results yet? Once you have these, you can try and reapply to SOAS through Clearing.

Yes, I do. Which is why tried emailing admissions asking to be reconsidered.
Is it best waiting for a reply with this?

Thanks
Yes, I do. Which is why tried emailing admissions asking to be reconsidered.
Is it best waiting for a reply with this?

Thanks

If you DM me your name and email address, I'll see if I can chase this for you.
Original post by SOAS
There are places available on a number of courses at SOAS through Clearing for September 2020

Clearing allows universities to fill any places they still have on their programmes. From 6 July 20 October you can apply for a programme at SOAS using Clearing if you’re not already holding an offer from a university or college.

You can use Clearing if:
- you’ve declined your firm place using the ‘decline my place’ button in UCAS Track

Find our which degree programmes are available and register your interest in Clearing at SOAS here. https://www.soas.ac.uk/clearing/

Hello,
I'm an international student and I would really love to go to SOAS to study anthropology. I filled in the clearing application form on the website around two days ago and I gave my UCAS number there. I was wondering around how long will I have to wait to get a reply and if I will be contacted by email or elsewhere? Or if I have to do or send anything else? Thank you very much.
Original post by Agustina.v
Hello,
I'm an international student and I would really love to go to SOAS to study anthropology. I filled in the clearing application form on the website around two days ago and I gave my UCAS number there. I was wondering around how long will I have to wait to get a reply and if I will be contacted by email or elsewhere? Or if I have to do or send anything else? Thank you very much.

Hello,

You should receive an email next week with next steps.
Original post by SOAS
If you DM me your name and email address, I'll see if I can chase this for you.

Thanks for your help I look forward to hearing.
Original post by SOAS
Hello,

You should receive an email next week with next steps.

Thank you!
Original post by SOAS

You can use Clearing if:

Hello,

I contacted the clearing team last week alongside my application and was hoping to hear back today if possible. I am very passionate about studying at SOAS.

Best regards,

Lee
Reply 12
Hello,
if you have applied and been given an conditional for a certain course at SOAS can you enquire to change it/ add a additional subject to it?
Would this still be able to undertake once you have began the course in September. thank you.
Reply 13
Hello,

I am interested in applying to History of Art (Asia, Africa and Europe) (V351). I already have my results and have filled out the application form on the website (I did not make an application via UCAS this year), as well as emailed my results to [email protected]. However, I have not received a response yet and I cannot find a direct Clearing phone number to SOAS. Is it the best to wait for a response via email? Are there any alternative ways of contacting SOAS?
Original post by 622065
Hello,
if you have applied and been given an conditional for a certain course at SOAS can you enquire to change it/ add a additional subject to it?
Would this still be able to undertake once you have began the course in September. thank you.

Hello,

I would suggest contacting Admissions about this - it would probably be better to do this before starting your course in September. https://www.soas.ac.uk/admissions/ug/howtoapply/
Original post by caufou
Hello,

I am interested in applying to History of Art (Asia, Africa and Europe) (V351). I already have my results and have filled out the application form on the website (I did not make an application via UCAS this year), as well as emailed my results to [email protected]. However, I have not received a response yet and I cannot find a direct Clearing phone number to SOAS. Is it the best to wait for a response via email? Are there any alternative ways of contacting SOAS?

Hi, I am in the same position as you (although I only emailed my results to [email protected] last week). Did you manage to get a reply back, and if you did, how long did you have to wait?

ps. Do you know where the application form is on the website? I can't find any on their clearing page. Thank you!
Original post by friday_d
Hi, I am in the same position as you (although I only emailed my results to [email protected] last week). Did you manage to get a reply back, and if you did, how long did you have to wait?

ps. Do you know where the application form is on the website? I can't find any on their clearing page. Thank you!

Hello,

The application form was only up before Clearing officially opened, in order for students to register their interest. Now to apply, you can email us.

Hope this helps!
Reply 17
Hiya. What email is used to apply for Clearing at SOAS?
Original post by HK2961
Hiya. What email is used to apply for Clearing at SOAS?

Hello,

Many of our courses are full, but if you DM us and tell us what course you're interested in, we can advise on whether there are spaces and whether it's worth applying.
Reply 19
Original post by SOAS
Hello,

Many of our courses are full, but if you DM us and tell us what course you're interested in, we can advise on whether there are spaces and whether it's worth applying.

Hiya! Thanks for your reply but yesterday evening I was successfully enrolled on the course through Clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending