The Student Room Group

Primary PGCE Coleraine 2020/2021

Hi! I’m new to this thread but have accepted a place on the primary PGCE 2020 and I’m wondering if anyone has heard anything about the course? Obviously with Covid-19 everything is up in the air but I heard we may be learning online? Has anyone heard anything directly from the Uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SEJC
Hi! I’m new to this thread but have accepted a place on the primary PGCE 2020 and I’m wondering if anyone has heard anything about the course? Obviously with Covid-19 everything is up in the air but I heard we may be learning online? Has anyone heard anything directly from the Uni?

Hi, I’m in the same situation, I haven’t heard anything either!
Original post by SEJC

Hi I have also accepted a place on the PGCE 2020. Haven’t heard anything directly but they released a statement to the paper to say it would be online learning where possible from September to December. However students that needed access to labs and other equipment will have to go in to access resources. We may be part time contact in a smaller group but not sure. Think they are holding off until they get guidance from the government. I work in a primary school and a lot of teachers weren’t keen on the idea of students being in and the logistic of having an extra adult body and social distancing. I doubt we will be on placement this side of the academicyear. This is just me speculating though I don’t have a clue! Hopefully we find out soon !
Reply 3
Original post by KerriDenvir
Hi I have also accepted a place on the PGCE 2020. Haven’t heard anything directly but they released a statement to the paper to say it would be online learning where possible from September to December. However students that needed access to labs and other equipment will have to go in to access resources. We may be part time contact in a smaller group but not sure. Think they are holding off until they get guidance from the government. I work in a primary school and a lot of teachers weren’t keen on the idea of students being in and the logistic of having an extra adult body and social distancing. I doubt we will be on placement this side of the academicyear. This is just me speculating though I don’t have a clue! Hopefully we find out soon !

Thanks for replying.
Yes it’s all a bit of a nightmare! I work in a school too and understand how little guidance principals have actually had through this so I’m assuming university’s are the same and just don’t know at this point. I was just checking that I hadn’t missed an email or anything!!
Reply 4
Received an email there today, I’m assuming you did too? But now I’m wondering are we not starting until 21st Sep as I thought originally it was last week in August? It would be so helpful to get my kids settled into whatever their school routine is going to be before I start!
Yes me to. I’m unsure when we start and if it is full online learning. Hopefully we will get follow up emails soon to confirm. I need to sort my kids as well, hope we don’t have to go a month later if we start later 🤞
Reply 6
Original post by KerriDenvir
Yes me to. I’m unsure when we start and if it is full online learning. Hopefully we will get follow up emails soon to confirm. I need to sort my kids as well, hope we don’t have to go a month later if we start later 🤞

I checked my emails and I haven’t received one 🙈 Can I ask who sent the email so I can contact them? Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by K-MD
I checked my emails and I haven’t received one 🙈 Can I ask who sent the email so I can contact them? Thanks

CC73AF1E-D6AC-4675-9E68-36845B3FBB1F.jpg
this was it. Very generic so I take it all students got the same one- it wasn’t specific to PGCE.
Reply 8
It said if we had any questions to email [email protected] but I didn’t bother yet.
Reply 9
Original post by SEJC
It said if we had any questions to email [email protected] but I didn’t bother yet.

Original post by SEJC
CC73AF1E-D6AC-4675-9E68-36845B3FBB1F.jpg
this was it. Very generic so I take it all students got the same one- it wasn’t specific to PGCE.

Thank you, really appreciate it 😁
Reply 10
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything other than starting 21st September. I need to hand my notice in to my job and not sure when to finish up. Thanks in advance.
Reply 11
Hi, no I haven’t heard anything either unfortunately! I’m in the same circumstance my boss is wondering when I’ll be finishing up but I don’t want to leave any sooner than I have to. 🙈 Has it been confirmed that we won’t be starting until September 21st?
Haven’t heard either. That first email was so generic. PGCE normally starts in August but I doubt it will as we haven’t heard. Hopefully we’ll get confirmation soon, I need to sort childcare. Wondering if it will definitely be home learning from sept-Dec.
Reply 13
I spoke to a lovely lady in the office this morning who confirmed the course starts on the 24th of August. Very excited!!
Reply 14
Original post by Ciara29
I spoke to a lovely lady in the office this morning who confirmed the course starts on the 24th of August. Very excited!!

That’s great we have confirmation. Did she say if it was all online learning?
Original post by Ciara29

That’s great hopefully we will get an email soon! Has anyone applied for a student loan ?
Reply 16
Original post by SEJC
That’s great we have confirmation. Did she say if it was all online learning?

I didn't ask as I just got carried away when she told me the date. lol
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
Not heard anything from the uni since I accepted the offer and starting to panic a bit now haha
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
Hi guys! I'm playing catch up here lol but has anyone received any communication from uni about starting yet? I know they've verbally said the 24th of August but I'm finding the lack of communication really hard. Doesn't leave long to give notice, sort childcare or whatever else we have to do. Thanks!
Original post by ERL53
Hi guys! I'm playing catch up here lol but has anyone received any communication from uni about starting yet? I know they've verbally said the 24th of August but I'm finding the lack of communication really hard. Doesn't leave long to give notice, sort childcare or whatever else we have to do. Thanks!

Have had nothing official, any generic emails were starting 21st September, but then verbally they have said 24th August. Wish we we get an email with some info !!

Quick Reply

Latest