nichola1992
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

Does anyone have an information on the occupational health check? What processes there are please?

I know it involves filling out some forms, is there any blood tests or vaccinations that are required? Can they access your medical notes?
hardcoreabzii
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it depends what the occupational health check is for.

If you're applying for a job which is classed as having EPP (exposure prone procedures) then you would need to have HIV HEP A B C bloods done along with your normal vaccinations being up to date.

If its for a nursing course - you need to have all your childhood vaccinations up to date and they'll check your Hep B antibodies (after three courses of vaccinations).

Lastly, some occupational health checks (all the ones I've done) require your GP to sign off any mental health issues you've had - you giving the form to the GP to do this is you giving consent for the GP to reveal this information.
nichola1992
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by hardcoreabzii)
it depends what the occupational health check is for.

If you're applying for a job which is classed as having EPP (exposure prone procedures) then you would need to have HIV HEP A B C bloods done along with your normal vaccinations being up to date.

If its for a nursing course - you need to have all your childhood vaccinations up to date and they'll check your Hep B antibodies (after three courses of vaccinations).

Lastly, some occupational health checks (all the ones I've done) require your GP to sign off any mental health issues you've had - you giving the form to the GP to do this is you giving consent for the GP to reveal this information.
Sorry I haven’t been very clear, its an occupational health check for starting a mental health nursing degree. Thank you for replying.
Abbi-leigh101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’ve applied for children’s nursing and I’m wondering what the occupational health check includes like what would pose as a risk for an individual in regards to losing their place?x
dacb2f2dd4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Abbi-leigh101)
I’ve applied for children’s nursing and I’m wondering what the occupational health check includes like what would pose as a risk for an individual in regards to losing their place?x
Hi Abbi-leigh101,
An occupation health check usually is broadly similar across all healthcare roles, and fundamentally focuses on reducing risk to yourself and your patients. This will involve making sure you’re up-to-date with vaccinations, testing for blood-borne viruses (e.g Hep B/C, HIV), checking for any health conditions/allergies etc that may require adjustments to be made.

Realistically, there are very few things that would justify withdrawal of an offer to study children’s nursing, as reasonable adjustments can generally be made for health problems or allergies.
Hope this helps!
lina valencia
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey

Do you get charged for taking these vaccinations? If they are not up to date?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.19%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.41%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.73%
I need help with my personal statement (63)
42.57%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.32%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.76%

Watched Threads