The Student Room Group

Green Rock Consulting

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyG396
I'm interested in investment analyst program, it seems like a lot of you here enrolled in Accounting lol

visited this thread few days ago and I agree, most of their students are in accounting maybe because they offer a lot of areas in accounting. lol
but the process is exactly the same. I enrolled in their IA program last week, the first tasks were okay. Good refresher in ratio analysis
Original post by emilyG396
I'm interested in investment analyst program, it seems like a lot of you here enrolled in Accounting lol

yea, been eyeing this thread too. My friend signed up already. I plan to do the same next week ^^"
hey guys, so I signed up and was given a mentor after 2 days. I'll be starting next week with basic bookkeeping and payroll. :smile:
Lol I got excited and sign up immediately without doing proper research! Good thing I found mostly good reviews here.
Original post by safonovmaks42094
hey guys, so I signed up and was given a mentor after 2 days. I'll be starting next week with basic bookkeeping and payroll. :smile:

I am doing their accountancy program too.

Tip: If you find the first tasks very basic, you can politely suggests to skip some topics

That's what I did. That way, I have time to cover the other areas :biggrin:
Original post by diana0212
yea, been eyeing this thread too. My friend signed up already. I plan to do the same next week ^^"

Did you enroll? The 12-week training plan looks nice and Id like to do that program as well. I tried calling them but can't get through a busy line.
Original post by riley2251
Did you enroll? The 12-week training plan looks nice and Id like to do that program as well. I tried calling them but can't get through a busy line.

Hi! Yes, their lines are busy most of the time. It's better to email them to have someone booked you in for a phone call. :smile:
Original post by nazarovboris
I am doing their accountancy program too.

Tip: If you find the first tasks very basic, you can politely suggests to skip some topics

That's what I did. That way, I have time to cover the other areas :biggrin:

Thanks for the tip! will surely do this :smile:
Original post by riley2251

You have to be booked in. You can also fill out the form in through their website and after few hours, someone will get in touch.
Original post by galkinvladis
visited this thread few days ago and I agree, most of their students are in accounting maybe because they offer a lot of areas in accounting. lol
but the process is exactly the same. I enrolled in their IA program last week, the first tasks were okay. Good refresher in ratio analysis

Hi! how was it? Do they offer an online course in Investment analysis program too?
Reply 30
How much do you pay for 12weeks placement?
Original post by charlesdoyle2567
Hi! how was it? Do they offer an online course in Investment analysis program too?

Yes I received a login to their platform to access the course.
Original post by ieVvu
How much do you pay for 12weeks placement?

They offer the whole program for a promo of £395 because of this pandemic.
Original post by galkinvladis
Yes I received a login to their platform to access the course.

Okay, what level is the qualification you'd get?
Hi guys! This is the first time I am posting here. I've worked with these people and want to tell you few things that could be helpful:I was contacted by GR team and attended 2 meetings in their fancy office in London for Business Analyst mentorship. I have been told that because I am a UK graduate they will charge me
Original post by Julia_is_me
There is much talk about the company being a scam.

Their previous posts on TSR included an elaborate web of fake accounts (over 15) all commenting on the same thread and targeting those who accused of being a scam. The posts have since been removed. I personally would not want to be purchasing an internship from a company who participates in such activities, besides the fact you're paying for an internship which also seems inherently wrong to me.

I cannot confirm the company is a total scam however urge you to conduct a good amount of research and keep your eyes out for fake reviews especially on TSR and Trust Pilot.

Good luck!

Hi guys! This is the first time I am posting here. I've worked with these people and want to tell you few things that could be helpful:

I was contacted by GR team and attended 2 meetings in their fancy office in London for Business Analyst mentorship. I have been told that because I am a UK graduate they will charge me "only" 995£ course fee +200£ for processing or something like that.

The person in their office shown me a paper which stated that 95% of people once finished the mentorship get a job in 4-8 weeks. The chances that a desperate fresh graduate, like myself, end up believing whatever they say are very high.

Once I was enrolled, I started to work with a "Senior BA" and the only thing I knew about him was his name and email address. The company called Digital Banking Direct for which I was working for, wasn't registered anywhere and there was only a website at that moment, with different information according to which device you accessed. For instance: if you access to the link from your computer it showed 30 consultant working, with X years of experience and if you access to the link from your mobile the information were different.

The "work" I did with them, I realise that was not a real work but just some preprepared exercises and that's it.

So, at the end of the day I can say from my experience that they will try to charge you as much as they can according to your circumstances. Few were charged 395£ and others up to 2000£. The company you work for doesn't exist and you don't even have the guarantee on the fact that the Senior BA is even a real person or not.

I don't know if it is a scam or not, or what are the definition of scam according to the UK standards anymore. I am providing you with 'my as it is experience' so you can make a wiser choice than I did.

Good Luck!
Original post by bazbaz-123
Hi guys! This is the first time I am posting here. I've worked with these people and want to tell you few things that could be helpful:

I was contacted by GR team and attended 2 meetings in their fancy office in London for Business Analyst mentorship. I have been told that because I am a UK graduate they will charge me "only" 995£ course fee +200£ for processing or something like that.

The person in their office shown me a paper which stated that 95% of people once finished the mentorship get a job in 4-8 weeks. The chances that a desperate fresh graduate, like myself, end up believing whatever they say are very high.

Once I was enrolled, I started to work with a "Senior BA" and the only thing I knew about him was his name and email address. The company called Digital Banking Direct for which I was working for, wasn't registered anywhere and there was only a website at that moment, with different information according to which device you accessed. For instance: if you access to the link from your computer it showed 30 consultant working, with X years of experience and if you access to the link from your mobile the information were different.

The "work" I did with them, I realise that was not a real work but just some preprepared exercises and that's it.

So, at the end of the day I can say from my experience that they will try to charge you as much as they can according to your circumstances. Few were charged 395£ and others up to 2000£. The company you work for doesn't exist and you don't even have the guarantee on the fact that the Senior BA is even a real person or not.

I don't know if it is a scam or not, or what are the definition of scam according to the UK standards anymore. I am providing you with 'my as it is experience' so you can make a wiser choice than I did.

Good Luck!

I had a okay experience with them. I attended two interview with them in the London office. It was all good. The consultants did explain everything and I went through the program. I was sold. Then I was hit with the price of £1195. I cannot afford it. This was before the Covid-19 and the lock down.

I decided to try my luck and contact them during lock down. To my surprise it was reduced to £395. I was fortunate enough to snap it up.

Before singing up I wanted to make sure how everything works again.

The consultant said.

1) We work with start-up and very small companies. So I was not expecting a large company.
2) The mentor is good and helpful but they do have full time jobs also. They provided me good tasks.
3) I did learn a lot during the lock down.

The only negative for me is similar to a lot of people. Is working for a huge organization so my CV looks amazing. Other than this I would recommend them specially for £395. It’s a deal.
Hi! I reviewed the program they offer in investment analysis and the whole program sounds promising. Do they offer more than 3 months of placement?
Original post by terentiy0627
Hi! I reviewed the program they offer in investment analysis and the whole program sounds promising. Do they offer more than 3 months of placement?

I'm not sure but I think there's a fee if you wish to extend.
Original post by townsend10755
I've been doing their Business Analyst program for 2 months now and I can say that their scheme is pretty smart. I'm learning from a senior business analyst whose very active and kind!! We are doing a real project. Hopefully after I finish the program Ill be able to secure a job :smile:

Hi how is it going on the course? I’m looking to do BA too and got an email from them where they would like to speak with me soon. A bit annoyed no fees were mentioned till right at the end of their introductory video! How much are the fees? And is the BA work really hard, I have no experience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending