The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York

York St John University student accommodation for 2020 entry

Hi, I’m going to York St John in 2020 and I’ll be applying for accommodation soon. I’m thinking either City’s Residence or Limes Court. Can anyone recommend places to live at the uni?? Thanks 😁

Scroll to see replies

hi, im going there too, I was thinking st johns central accommodation, its really modern, a 2 min walk from the centre, and apparently good for having pre drinks before going out haha!
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Reply 2
Original post by Milly hayton
hi, im going there too, I was thinking st johns central accommodation, its really modern, a 2 min walk from the centre, and apparently good for having pre drinks before going out haha!

Yeah, that’s why I’m avoiding that accommodation cause I’m the quieter type of person😂 I like my sleep
Haha ohhh okay maybe not then 🤣
Reply 4
Hi, I’m a current student going into second year.
Both limes and city res are quiet, I hear more of limes court being a ‘ghost town’ as its so quiet but I suppose it depends on flat mates too. I lived in St. John Central and it wasn’t that bad if you wanted a more modern building, again it depends on who your flat mates are as to how quiet it is.
Reply 5
Original post by KaylaG99
Hi, I’m a current student going into second year.
Both limes and city res are quiet, I hear more of limes court being a ‘ghost town’ as its so quiet but I suppose it depends on flat mates too. I lived in St. John Central and it wasn’t that bad if you wanted a more modern building, again it depends on who your flat mates are as to how quiet it is.

I’ll be staying in St. john Central this september and was wondering what a student thought about it? Would you recommend living there as a first year student
Hii! I applied for my accommodation in February, hoping for St John Central! If not my second choice was The Grange!
Reply 7
Original post by jodiemariexoxo
Hii! I applied for my accommodation in February, hoping for St John Central! If not my second choice was The Grange!

My first choice is St. john Central and then i applied for The Brickworks but more hoping towards SJC purely for cost wise
Original post by shannxn
My first choice is St. john Central and then i applied for The Brickworks but more hoping towards SJC purely for cost wise

Sjc was actually my most expensive accommodation choice, good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by shannxn
My first choice is St. john Central aoh that's the nd then i applied for The Brickworks but more hoping towards SJC purely for cost wise

That's the same with me I applied and wanted SJC but I'm gonna be staying in Brickworks😊
Reply 10
Original post by Zara_002
That's the same with me I applied and wanted SJC but I'm gonna be staying in Brickworks😊

I find out where i’m staying on the 13th as long as i don’t get Limes Court i don’t mind what i get
I got St. John central! What did you guys get?
Reply 12
I got St. John central too!
Reply 13
I know this probably sounds dumb but where do you find out ?? I checked the accommodation hub website and there was nothing there also I got no email.
Original post by Paul_Am
I know this probably sounds dumb but where do you find out ?? I checked the accommodation hub website and there was nothing there also I got no email.

I haven't received anything yet, unsure why, the website says offers go out between the 13th and the 15th and it's the 16th with no word, I'm kind of worried.
Reply 15
Original post by AlastairSampson
I haven't received anything yet, unsure why, the website says offers go out between the 13th and the 15th and it's the 16th with no word, I'm kind of worried.

The offers are going out over this week and it's only Thursday
Original post by Moxey
The offers are going out over this week and it's only Thursday

Yeah I had the feeling after I replied with my previous post that I was just stressing over nothing, my b.
got st john central!
Original post by sharpie620
got st john central!

Congratulations! What flat?
Original post by jodiemariexoxo
Congratulations! What flat?

406 i think

Quick Reply