The Student Room Group

Swimwear for small breasted females

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of starting a swimwear company that specifically tailors to small breasted females as I find it a constant issue myself. I wanted to know if this was of interested to any of you and if you would be willing to fill out a survey? Thank you xx
What about the swimwear will be specific to small breasted women?
Reply 2
A common problem I find when searching for bikinis is that rather than enhance the small features I have, it might flatten them, or I have to go for a padded option which isn't something I always want to do. When it comes to one piece swimsuits, they don't always fit on the top part or make me look completely flat chested. Therefore, I would want the bikini tops to fit almost like how a bra does and amplify the breast area, with or without the padding. In terms of sone piece swimsuits I would want to create a design that again doesn't flatten our boobs but enhances them and fits the rest of the body well too. I hope this does make sense xx
(edited 3 years ago)
Swimwear is a nightmare for the ones at the opposite end of the spectrum too, with big boobs. You can pretty much cancel out swimming altogether because it looks so undecent :frown:
However I've always thought bikinis were exclusively for those with smaller boobs? They seem to work better on someone with a B cup as opposed to say an F cup in terms of holding them in place.
Surely there are bikinis without the padding in them? With the one piece, they're kind of supposed to be flattened/held firmly as it makes it easier to swim.
literally any company.

it's so so so much more difficult to find bikinis that cover it all, i tell ya.

good quality ones i've found from new look, though there are some really good sustainable company ones you can find too. :yep:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Swimwear is a nightmare for the ones at the opposite end of the spectrum too, with big boobs. You can pretty much cancel out swimming altogether because it looks so undecent :frown:
However I've always thought bikinis were exclusively for those with smaller boobs? They seem to work better on someone with a B cup as opposed to say an F cup in terms of holding them in place.
Surely there are bikinis without the padding in them? With the one piece, they're kind of supposed to be flattened/held firmly as it makes it easier to swim.

I understand where you're coming from and I don't want to undermine the difficulty faced by females on the end of the spectrum either. However, it is still difficult for us with small boobs as these small sizes don't always fit (no matter how small you size down) or aren't always flattering to us. I agree that one piece swimsuits are meant to keep your boobs firmly in place but I think they can still do that without making them look non-existent. Thank you for your feedback though because it's definitely given me a lot of things to think about in more detail.
Reply 6
Original post by yzanne
literally any company.

it's so so so much more difficult to find bikinis that cover it all, i tell ya.

good quality ones i've found from new look, though there are some really good sustainable company ones you can find too. :yep:

Thank you for your feedback x
Send pics if your boobies fall out
Original post by joa16hpb
I understand where you're coming from and I don't want to undermine the difficulty faced by females on the end of the spectrum either. However, it is still difficult for us with small boobs as these small sizes don't always fit (no matter how small you size down) or aren't always flattering to us. I agree that one piece swimsuits are meant to keep your boobs firmly in place but I think they can still do that without making them look non-existent. Thank you for your feedback though because it's definitely given me a lot of things to think about in more detail.

No I don't think you're undermining women on the opposite end, don't worry :smile: I was just saying that swimwear is cruel to us all :frown:

Havw you considered all the things you will have to do to set up a company? You are doing a good thing with some research though as this is the best place to start!
No, but can you do one for larger breast sizes, as we probably have the most issues overall. after all, we need the correct coverage, support and lift and more underwired cups throughout. Surely an ordinary swimming costume or any kind of bikini top would fit a small breasted woman. Yet women with larger breasts definitely don't have this luxury and end up often in swimwear that is uncomfortable both to wear and to look at or be seen in, or it simply doesn't fit properly, not covering us up as it should. Once you have kids you definitely need more support, particularly when you have larger breasts and you won't get that unless you get a cupped swimsuit, which isn't generic, so most swimwear is out of the running straight away. Then it is a matter of finding the right size and if you are larger than say a 38 or a D cup again you often find the swimwear you want and like doesn't come in your size. Then you are often left with completely unflattering choices that are usually ugly as hell and far from fashionable, in very limited colours/patterns.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by StroppyMouse
No, but can you do one for larger breast sizes, as we probably have the most issues overall. after all, we need the correct coverage, support and lift and more underwired cups throughout. Surely an ordinary swimming costume or any kind of bikini top would fit a small breasted woman. Yet women with larger breasts definitely don't have this luxury and end up often in swimwear that is uncomfortable both to wear and to look at or be seen in, or it simply doesn't fit properly, not covering us up as it should. Once you have kids you definitely need more support, particularly when you have larger breasts and you won't get that unless you get a cupped swimsuit, which isn't generic, so most swimwear is out of the running straight away. Then it is a matter of finding the right size and if you are larger than say a 38 or a D cup again you often find the swimwear you want and like doesn't come in your size. Then you are often left with completely unflattering choices that are usually ugly as hell and far from fashionable, in very limited colours/patterns.

Thank you for the feedback! I agree that more should be done for women with larger breasts but as this isn't something I experience, so I don't believe I would be able to do this adequately but I definitely think that more should be done to allow big breasted women to have the luxury of feeling comfortable and wearing swimwear that is flattering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending