Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sammylou40
Brilliant.
I know how you feel
Pick your battles!
One of those amazing days makes up for the ones that follow

yeah tomorrow and maybe Monday will be spent sat down
Original post by josie71202
I've been really bored recently so I've decided to start a blog about my year 13 journey, my subjects and coursework
Here's a little about me

Hobbies: baking, watching comedy (on TV and live) and doing youth council work
How y11 went: I didn’t do amazing in y11 I did a lot of revision but I don’t think much of it was effective, I was also coming to terms with my disability and transferring between child and adult healthcare so I had a lot on my mind
A-Levels - Sociology (OCR), media studies (WJEC) and an EPQ (AQA)
Career aspirations: I wanna go into some aspect of business, I'm leaning towards project management at the moment
Next steps: I'm trying to get a level 4 apprenticeship in an area of business, if that fails I'm also trying for an HND at Kingston College
Grades: I’m currently at C’s but I want B’s or A’s by the end of year 13
So nice to meet you all and feel free to message me here or PM me

Here’s the obligatory tags

Spoiler

You only do 2 a levels?

Why?

How are you gonna get into uni/apprenticeship with only 2 a levels?
Original post by Anonymous3245
You only do 2 a levels?

Why?

How are you gonna get into uni/apprenticeship with only 2 a levels?

my school cut politics at the last minute so I decided to focus on an epq in it.

A surprising number of HNDs and apprenticeships only require 2 A levels and I have a lot on my CV which I'm hoping will be taken into account
Reply 83
Γεια σας φίλοι (Greek)
Today was fun, tiring but fun

I went shopping with my mum, which was really great. We bought some shoes, a bra, a few jumpers for her and some chocolate. We had a really nice lunch in this little independent coffee shop. Then we got the train back. I did 4.8km (which is like 10-15km to an average person), also I got checked out by a boy which boosted my confidence hugely.

My dad and a few of his friends are now shouting at the sport. I'm just relaxing in bed cause my feet are really sore. I can't do shopping trips like that regularly but I really enjoy them when I can go

Sounds like a good day :smile:
I both love and hate going out for long periods of time, my start aching after around an hour standing around.. :/
Original post by adrewp
Sounds like a good day :smile:
I both love and hate going out for long periods of time, my start aching after around an hour standing around.. :/

yeah it's tiring
Hei venner (Norwegian)

Been resting and working on stuff today.

I've been putting photos of my clothes into an app called XZ closet. It creates outfit ideas depending on your clothes and the weather. I've been bingeing Netflix while I did it. I'm just focused on getting more attention and I'm trying to stop wearing outfits just because they're convenient. I'm also gonna get back into my routine next week and eating healthier.

I'm gonna work on creating a survey to gain primary evidence for building my magazine for coursework which I'll post soon. I also need to look at the Conde Nast media pack to gather mainstream ideas of magazines
Hej kompisar (Swedish)
I feel sh*t today

I continued filling in my Humans revision guide today. I also made 3 more theory link tables for my media products. I made one for Riptide the music video, Late Night Women's Hour, the radio show and The Big Issue, the magazine.

My stress surrounding school rose to a climax today. I procrastinated my personal statement all afternoon and ended up crying while talking about school with my mum. I feel like I've hit rock bottom and my school just pretends to care. I just feel really guilty, like it's my fault and the teachers are just too busy for me.
Reply 87
Hej kompisar (Swedish)
I feel sh*t today

I continued filling in my Humans revision guide today. I also made 3 more theory link tables for my media products. I made one for Riptide the music video, Late Night Women's Hour, the radio show and The Big Issue, the magazine.

My stress surrounding school rose to a climax today. I procrastinated my personal statement all afternoon and ended up crying while talking about school with my mum. I feel like I've hit rock bottom and my school just pretends to care. I just feel really guilty, like it's my fault and the teachers are just too busy for me.

School's nearly over, try to spread everything out over the next six weeks - it might help :smile:
The personal statement is really hard, don't be too harsh on yourself. The way I've started mine is by jotting down the main points, and subpoints I'd like to talk about in each paragraph; then (about two weeks later) started on fleshing out the sentences for each bullet point. I'll do this for all the points I can think of, and only then start thinking about how to link it all together.
Original post by adrewp
School's nearly over, try to spread everything out over the next six weeks - it might help :smile:
The personal statement is really hard, don't be too harsh on yourself. The way I've started mine is by jotting down the main points, and subpoints I'd like to talk about in each paragraph; then (about two weeks later) started on fleshing out the sentences for each bullet point. I'll do this for all the points I can think of, and only then start thinking about how to link it all together.

yeah it's stressful I just feel forgotten
Hallo vriende (Afrikaans)

I'm feeling a little less stressed today.

Today I made a few theory link grids online. I was kinda lazy and didn't finish them all though. I also had my briefing and registered for UCAS this afternoon, after visiting some friends in the park.

I also had a short one2one meeting with my head of year. She answered my questions and finally explained we are having mocks and apparently they're covering everything so I'm scared about that but I think I'm going to focus on exam technique.

I'm weirdly tired so I think I'll just relax for a little.
Hallo vriende (Afrikaans)

I'm feeling a little less stressed today.

Today I made a few theory link grids online. I was kinda lazy and didn't finish them all though. I also had my briefing and registered for UCAS this afternoon, after visiting some friends in the park.

I also had a short one2one meeting with my head of year. She answered my questions and finally explained we are having mocks and apparently they're covering everything so I'm scared about that but I think I'm going to focus on exam technique.

I'm weirdly tired so I think I'll just relax for a little.

At least that’s progress
I don’t know your teachers but I know a lot of teachers and they do genuinely care. There’s always the odd one but as a general rule they are invested in you
Original post by Sammylou40
At least that’s progress
I don’t know your teachers but I know a lot of teachers and they do genuinely care. There’s always the odd one but as a general rule they are invested in you

if they care so much they should answer my emails
I think this year has been really unusual and it’s hard on everyone - there’s still a lot of uncertainty for teachers to be dealing with. I’m sure it’s nothing personal, they probably just have a lot going on but I do get that it’s frustrating.

Now you know what your exams are covering, would it help you to make a list of topic areas to revise so you can mark them off as you cover them and maybe note down areas that you’d like to go back over as you go along. That way you won’t miss anything so will hopefully feel less anxious as you get closer to September?

We had mocks in January of year 13 but our predicted grades were already with UCAS so I didn’t focus on the mocks, I started revision at October half term for the summer exams just doing a bit each week - alongside keeping on top of notes for current work, and also going to work and seeing friends. By the time we got to the actual exam time, my friends were pulling 8-10 hour days for revision but I was getting stressed because I didn’t feel that I needed to do that - my past exam papers were quite consistent by then so I was quite well prepared. My mum was laughing at me for getting stressed about not being as stressed as everyone else 🙄
Original post by AnnaBananana
I think this year has been really unusual and it’s hard on everyone - there’s still a lot of uncertainty for teachers to be dealing with. I’m sure it’s nothing personal, they probably just have a lot going on but I do get that it’s frustrating.

Now you know what your exams are covering, would it help you to make a list of topic areas to revise so you can mark them off as you cover them and maybe note down areas that you’d like to go back over as you go along. That way you won’t miss anything so will hopefully feel less anxious as you get closer to September?

We had mocks in January of year 13 but our predicted grades were already with UCAS so I didn’t focus on the mocks, I started revision at October half term for the summer exams just doing a bit each week - alongside keeping on top of notes for current work, and also going to work and seeing friends. By the time we got to the actual exam time, my friends were pulling 8-10 hour days for revision but I was getting stressed because I didn’t feel that I needed to do that - my past exam papers were quite consistent by then so I was quite well prepared. My mum was laughing at me for getting stressed about not being as stressed as everyone else 🙄

I have made a list but there's 29 subtopics to cover in 6 hours I don't have long. If they replied when I first asked I wouldn't be in this mess

I think I'll use your technique I definitely get stressed when there's a short time limit. The only problem is because of Corona I'll still have content left to cover in October
(edited 3 years ago)
if they care so much they should answer my emails

☹️.
panic kind of over turns out they're at the end of October
panic kind of over turns out they're at the end of October

So that gives you what, 12 weeks? Even 29 topics, if you aim to go over 3 per week and leave yourself a couple of weeks at the end to go over things you noted down as being hard the first time round you’ll be fine x
So that gives you what, 12 weeks? Even 29 topics, if you aim to go over 3 per week and leave yourself a couple of weeks at the end to go over things you noted down as being hard the first time round you’ll be fine x

image-71adf912-f773-44fc-aaac-08038c8c625e6675237927405354111-compressed.jpg.jpeg
I've made a schedule I feel a lot better
That looks impressive - makes me feel lazy lol
That looks impressive - makes me feel lazy lol

it's not really necessary but it makes me feel calm I plan the living **** out my life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending