The Student Room Group

Peterhouse Essay Competition 2020

Does anyone know when the results for the Peterhouse essay competition are out?

Scroll to see replies

I believe they are announced during July. Most essay competition results at Cambridge are seemingly being announced during July.
Yes, ours will be early July too! We're a bit busy with the Virtual Open Days at the moment and our academics are still marking exams. But by July we should be ready to announce!
Hi, I also entered both the Vellacott (History) and Thomas Campion (English) Competitions. I'm nervous; I spent quite a lot of time on both so I'm hoping something will come of it, but I appreciate how competitive these things are! Hopefully we'll be sent outcomes within the next two weeks. Which competitions did everyone else enter; the Science one, History or English? I wonder if there's anyone here who's entered all 3! Wouldn't put it past TSR tbh haha
Original post by sm0009
Hi, I also entered both the Vellacott (History) and Thomas Campion (English) Competitions. I'm nervous; I spent quite a lot of time on both so I'm hoping something will come of it, but I appreciate how competitive these things are! Hopefully we'll be sent outcomes within the next two weeks. Which competitions did everyone else enter; the Science one, History or English? I wonder if there's anyone here who's entered all 3! Wouldn't put it past TSR tbh haha

I did the Kelvin (science) competition
Hi, I'm assuming that nobody yet has heard back?
Original post by sm0009
Hi, I'm assuming that nobody yet has heard back?

no apparently they're coming out this week
Thanks!
Original post by 2002student

Thanks!! So nervous XD
Hopefully tomorrow’s the day. Or Friday lol. Good luck everyone.
Reply 11
Original post by sm0009
Hopefully tomorrow’s the day. Or Friday lol. Good luck everyone.

At this point I guess it isn't today then 😂😂 Good luck to everyone tomorrow.
Original post by Beobobo
At this point I guess it isn't today then 😂😂 Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Might be another few days delay though, which means next week we'd hear back:/

But hopefully it is tomorrow! Good luck:u:
No email yet, I was expecting the emails maybe to come at 12:00PM
Original post by oskarengineers
No email yet, I was expecting the emails maybe to come at 12:00PM

Yeah same. If it gets to around 4pm(ish) I think I’ll lose hope of them coming this week. Another weeks delay perhaps. Idk though, I’ll give it to 4ish
Did anyone do the Trinity College Philosophy one?
Original post by chloenix
Did anyone do the Trinity College Philosophy one?

Nope, i did the History one w/ Peterhouse
Original post by 2002student

just out of interest, how do you know? All I've seen is that they were meant to be coming out in early July
Original post by cherepakha2003
just out of interest, how do you know? All I've seen is that they were meant to be coming out in early July

There’s another Peterhouse essay thread where the Peterhouse admissions department said 2 days ago that they’d come out later this week
Reply 19
Quite unfair to keep us on edge like this for weeks on end. I get there’s Administrative issues but it’s not great in this time to keep us on edge. Wish they would’ve just said there’s been a delay rather than giving us estimates and then keep letting us down :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending