The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Private Accomodation near Royal holloway.

Hello, I'm a second year Economics student at Royal Holloway. I was wondering if any of you guys have stayed in a shared Private student accommodation like the en suites offered by Pad or Hox park? I have just always stayed in studios since i'm an International syudent with not much friennds and an introvert, but this year I want to be in an en suite but scared about sharing my kitchen with other people, or if I'll be comfortable with them. I'm looking for an accoomodation in the Pad or Hox park, would go for the studio if I don't get any positive feedbacks. PLEASE NEED YOUR REVEIWS. WILL HELP ME A LOT! THANKS
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I'm a second year Economics student at Royal Holloway. I was wondering if any of you guys have stayed in a shared Private student accommodation like the en suites offered by Pad or Hox park? I have just always stayed in studios since i'm an International syudent with not much friennds and an introvert, but this year I want to be in an en suite but scared about sharing my kitchen with other people, or if I'll be comfortable with them. I'm looking for an accoomodation in the Pad or Hox park, would go for the studio if I don't get any positive feedbacks. PLEASE NEED YOUR REVEIWS. WILL HELP ME A LOT! THANKS

Why dont you advertise to see if anyone else wants to rent a shared house and then get to know them over the internet?
Accommodation with strangers can be hit or miss and I expect the more expensive places are a lot of international students, who arent always the most talkative and can be quite cliquey. In second year they can also have their own friends, some people are sociable and others arent.
You cant rely on being in a flat with 4-6 strangers as sorting your social life out.

You need to work on your social skills, make friends on your course and join societies to meet more people then develop your skills to be sociable and make friends. Freshers are fine. You can still make good friends in year 2 but you have to make an effort and not be put off.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Why dont you advertise to see if anyone else wants to rent a shared house and then get to know them over the internet?
Accommodation with strangers can be hit or miss and I expect the more expensive places are a lot of international students, who arent always the most talkative and can be quite cliquey. In second year they can also have their own friends, some people are sociable and others arent.
You cant rely on being in a flat with 4-6 strangers as sorting your social life out.

You need to work on your social skills, make friends on your course and join societies to meet more people then develop your skills to be sociable and make friends. Freshers are fine. You can still make good friends in year 2 but you have to make an effort and not be put off.

Thank you. I neeeded this rather than someone saying that you don't need friends in your life, and don't push urself and etc. I will try to be more proactive and to interact with mroe people in my second year. For sure, not ginna ruin this year tbh.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you. I neeeded this rather than someone saying that you don't need friends in your life, and don't push urself and etc. I will try to be more proactive and to interact with mroe people in my second year. For sure, not ginna ruin this year tbh.

Speak to the accommodation office as sometimes they put together people who are looking.for flatmates.
You can try and ask on the RHU intranet..

https://intranet.royalholloway.ac.uk/students/news-events/noticeboard/looking-for-roommates-accommodation.aspx#
https://www.su.rhul.ac.uk/advice/housing/looking/housemates/

Be warned student houses, then you might not get ensuite.
You need to back up where you live with joining societies as well and meeting people. That means even if you decide to go studio, then you have an outlet. Try and get to know potential flatmates first and make a list of questions or make criteria about what you want to see if you will be compatible.

Bills, smoking, likes and dislikes, entertainment, loud or quiet, sociable or not.
Be aware of prefixed groups or couples that just want a last person to fill the house but arent interested in being sociable.

GL hope you find people but make an effort so at least you know you tried.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Speak to the accommodation office as sometimes they put together people who are looking.for flatmates.
You can try and ask on the RHU intranet..

https://intranet.royalholloway.ac.uk/students/news-events/noticeboard/looking-for-roommates-accommodation.aspx#
https://www.su.rhul.ac.uk/advice/housing/looking/housemates/

Be warned student houses, then you might not get ensuite.
You need to back up where you live with joining societies as well and meeting people. That means even if you decide to go studio, then you have an outlet. Try and get to know potential flatmates first and make a list of questions or make criteria about what you want to see if you will be compatible.

Bills, smoking, likes and dislikes, entertainment, loud or quiet, sociable or not.
Be aware of prefixed groups or couples that just want a last person to fill the house but arent interested in being sociable.

GL hope you find people but make an effort so at least you know you tried.

Thank you man.... I'm on it and I hope I do find someone. lol thanks a lot w

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending