The Student Room Group

Worried about leaving school

ive got a year left of school until i leave for college/ sixth form, and im really worried its not going to be as fun as highschool is?? i dont know it just makes me really worried. Especially since i practically got this year of school stolen off me because of the Covid situation and it feels like im not going to be able to enjoy my highschool life because its going to end so quickly. Do you think that college / sixth form is just as enjoyable as my highschool was/is?
I’m about to start sixth form and from what people have told me - yes. Although studies do become more a priority.
Reply 2
It's perfectly normal to be worried about this, but I've found that sixth form is honestly not that bad at all! Especially if you choose A-Levels that you enjoy. It's quite nice to have more freedom with your time and even if you go to a sixth form without your currrent school friends, you'll make new ones really quickly. Obviously it's a step up in terms of your workload, but it's all relative so don't worry - take the time to enjoy your last year of school and look forward to what's to come :smile:
Original post by Selfcare
It's perfectly normal to be worried about this, but I've found that sixth form is honestly not that bad at all! Especially if you choose A-Levels that you enjoy. It's quite nice to have more freedom with your time and even if you go to a sixth form without your currrent school friends, you'll make new ones really quickly. Obviously it's a step up in terms of your workload, but it's all relative so don't worry - take the time to enjoy your last year of school and look forward to what's to come :smile:

In what way ‘do you get more freedom’ if u don’t mind me asking because I thought it would get busier. Also do u think an Epq would take up a lot of time?
Reply 4
Original post by glowing_starfish
In what way ‘do you get more freedom’ if u don’t mind me asking because I thought it would get busier. Also do u think an Epq would take up a lot of time?

At my sixth form you get free periods, and you're allowed to go out at lunch (like to the local Spar lol), and also we don't have to wear uniform anymore. It is definitely busier, but it's nice to have more freedom over how you organise your time I guess. EPQ is a tricky one, it depends on your other A-Levels. If you're taking 4 or 5, I wouldn't recommend it, but I would defo consider it if you're taking 3 and have a genuine interest in something.
SIxth form is more fun than highschool, so excited to leave. Are you in year 10 rn?
Original post by Selfcare
At my sixth form you get free periods, and you're allowed to go out at lunch (like to the local Spar lol), and also we don't have to wear uniform anymore. It is definitely busier, but it's nice to have more freedom over how you organise your time I guess. EPQ is a tricky one, it depends on your other A-Levels. If you're taking 4 or 5, I wouldn't recommend it, but I would defo consider it if you're taking 3 and have a genuine interest in something.

Tyy
Also sixth form is still school. The last year of school is year 13
Why do you think it wont be as fun as highschool? Tbh I enjoyed sixth form more than highschool
Reply 9
Original post by Hannah0505
SIxth form is more fun than highschool, so excited to leave. Are you in year 10 rn?

yeah and im just kind of sad that i didnt get to enjoy my 2nd to last school year. next year will be all about my exams and i just wish i had more time to enjoy what people say is the best part of their life
Reply 10
Original post by PetitePanda
Why do you think it wont be as fun as highschool? Tbh I enjoyed sixth form more than highschool

just from what people have told me i guess, i should enjoy myself how i can now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending