The Student Room Group

Gap year if I sit the A level exams in October

Will I have to take a gap year if I sit the a level exams in october?
Original post by Uwc2x22
Will I have to take a gap year if I sit the a level exams in october?

Are you expecting any results in August on results day? If you are and they are lower than expected, you could still get a place through clearing or on a foundation degree and not have to do October A-levels. However, if you're not getting any results in August or want to use your results from when you actually sit the exam in October, then, yes, you'd have to wait until next year to go to uni.
you will not be able to join the undergrad course till September 2021 so yes.
Reply 3
Original post by National Careers Service
Are you expecting any results in August on results day? If you are and they are lower than expected, you could still get a place through clearing or on a foundation degree and not have to do October A-levels. However, if you're not getting any results in August or want to use your results from when you actually sit the exam in October, then, yes, you'd have to wait until next year to go to uni.

I am expecting grades in August and I am confident they will meet the entry requirements of my course, which are CCC.
Even though I am confident I will get my university placement, I still want to take the Autumn exams in order to achieve the grades, I feel I would have gotten had I sitten the exams. So would it be possible to sit the exams whilst undergoing my university course?
Original post by Uwc2x22
I am expecting grades in August and I am confident they will meet the entry requirements of my course, which are CCC.
Even though I am confident I will get my university placement, I still want to take the Autumn exams in order to achieve the grades, I feel I would have gotten had I sitten the exams. So would it be possible to sit the exams whilst undergoing my university course?

You could do the exams while you're at university, yes, there's nothing to stop you from that. As far as the university are concerned, if you've met the requirements the first time round, they won't ask about it any further and doing the exam won't have any effect on that whatsoever.
Original post by Uwc2x22

I think at that point it's better to move on. While it's technically possible, unless there's a specific reason to go back and improve your A-level grades I don't think it'd be really worth your time.

Quick Reply

Latest