The Student Room Group

Dating at 16

How on earth do I date before I’m 18? I can’t use any dating apps or dating sites despite 16 being the age you can drink, consent and literally join the army in the UK. I can’t even make friends let alone find a relationship. Feeling so lonely.
Join clubs or societies, a common interest is a easy way to make freinds, plus doing things you enjoy and passionate about is very attractive. Just do something you are interested in! Hope you are okay though.
you can't drink at 16 in the UK unless it is at home or with a meal.
What is the rush to date at 16? 16 year old boys still have a fair amount of growing up to do
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
you can't drink at 16 in the UK unless it is at home or with a meal.
What is the rush to date at 16? 16 year old boys still have a fair amount of growing up to do

*girl, and I don’t have a rush per se, but I just really want to experience love. It’s so lonely and dull not having someone you really connect with.
Reply 4
lmao now that you're starting a levels you begin worrying about relationships?? I'm 16 and i'd rather focus on my studies :^_^:
Focus on your studies before relationships. You can find relationships later. You can't make yourself younger and resit your education later.

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by macy_m
lmao now that you're starting a levels you begin worrying about relationships?? I'm 16 and i'd rather focus on my studies :^_^:

Not doing A levels lol, doing hair and beauty at college.
Reply 7
Not doing A levels lol, doing hair and beauty at college.

Oh good luck with it, but idk making at least friends could be an option if you visit and post on sites like TSR ig, idk about dating, i'd say omegle but there's a lot of nonces
I started dating when I was 16, with very limited access to the internet and no social media.
I met guys through work, friends, activist groups, concerts, membership & art events.

What type of relationship and guy are you most interested in?
What specific deal-breakers do you have?
Do you think that your family will be supportive of potential romantic relationships or do you prefer to keep your dating life private?
Reply 9
Original post by londonmyst
I started dating when I was 16, with very limited access to the internet and no social media.
I met guys through work, friends, activist groups, concerts, membership & art events.

What type of relationship and guy are you most interested in?
What specific deal-breakers do you have?
Do you think that your family will be supportive of potential romantic relationships or do you prefer to keep your dating life private?

I’m interested in girls, and am most interested in taller gals but am not too picky.
Not many deal breakers, only dealbreaker I can think of is if they are a genuinely *****y person.
My family being supportive isn’t too relevant as I haven’t lived with them in years.
How on earth do I date before I’m 18? I can’t use any dating apps or dating sites despite 16 being the age you can drink, consent and literally join the army in the UK. I can’t even make friends let alone find a relationship. Feeling so lonely.

Its nice to have a relationship at 16 but dont take it serious. Once or twice per week its nice to see your boyfriend. You have your school and your hobbies
if u rlly want to try dating online use yubo.. its not a dating app but a "friend making app"

Yes, & light dating with no heavy sexual activity can prepare us for future, more lasting relationships. As a mature woman, now I see the value in waiting till we know what we want, need & require in a partner, rather than consenting to sex under pressure or merely out of curiosity.
Reply 13
*girl, and I don’t have a rush per se, but I just really want to experience love. It’s so lonely and dull not having someone you really connect with.

You could start dating at 16 and not experience love with someone for 20 years or more. Dating won't make you feel less lonely or life less dull.

Get some hobbies and meet people through those as friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending