The Student Room Group

Driving test?

I passed my theory yesterday and am unsure whether to go ahead with practical driving lessons. I did them until February before I started doing solid revision for A levels. I am going to university this September but doubt I am going to get a test date by then, especially since tests have been cancelled for 4 months. There isn't any way to check available dates as well.
Are you in England? Driving tests will restart next week.
Reply 2
Original post by AM.TSR
Are you in England? Driving tests will restart next week.

Yes I am in England. I have no idea how long I have to wait to book though. People who would have had tests from March-July will be first priority obviously.
Reply 3
Congrats for passing ur theory! 🥳 Have you got any tips on passing the theory test? What did u do in terms of revision? Driving lessons are have started they began on 4th July- to check for driving tests availability do the same thing as u did to book the theory- it is very hard to get dates they’ll probz be gone but it doesn’t hurt to check!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by halsx11
Congrats for passing ur theory! 🥳 Have you got any tips on passing the theory test? What did u do in terms of revision? Driving lessons are have started they began on 4th July- to check for driving tests availability do the same thing as u did to book the theory- it is very hard to get dates they’ll probz be gone but it doesn’t hurt to check!

Thanks. I had this theory test software online that my instructor gave me. It has like 700 questions to practise and gives you an explanation after answering each question. I also practised each hazard perception clip, gradually building up my scores. I did every single question and did 3 mock tests for theory and hazard perception. If you practise that, then there is nothing to worry about. I have to say it wasn't easy by any means as some people say it is and the pass rate is not as high as I though it was. Anyway I'm glad its over and can focus on practical now.
Reply 5
Yeah it will be a while before new bookings are opened

TheDE
Reply 6
Original post by etienne26
Thanks. I had this theory test software online that my instructor gave me. It has like 700 questions to practise and gives you an explanation after answering each question. I also practised each hazard perception clip, gradually building up my scores. I did every single question and did 3 mock tests for theory and hazard perception. If you practise that, then there is nothing to worry about. I have to say it wasn't easy by any means as some people say it is and the pass rate is not as high as I though it was. Anyway I'm glad its over and can focus on practical now.

Oh okay my instructor hasn’t given me anything apparently it’s meant to be ‘common sense’ and you have to learn it ur self- I’ve been doing practice questions and keep on doing mock tests I’m getting 41/50 which is annoying I really need to hit that 43+ 😭 Hope you pass your practical 👊 I need to pass my theory first and get back to lessons 😭 I want to pass ASAP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending