The Student Room Group

Said yes to a date then ignored my text...

I asked this girl if she would like to go on a date... she said yes and we carried on talking about the date for a while but then as soon as the conversation changed she blanked my message... why? What should i do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I asked this girl if she would like to go on a date... she said yes and we carried on talking about the date for a while but then as soon as the conversation changed she blanked my message... why? What should i do?

Give her a call and just mention the date to her and ask when shes free so you can book a table for you both.
Reply 2
not to be pessimistic but if she stands you up and there's extra food invite me
Reply 3
I don’t think she is as she’s viewed my story and her snao score increases but I’m also aware that you don’t always want to speak to the same person all day
If you're the same person who posted this thread then it sounds like your text didn't really need a reply. Conversations can end naturally. It doesn't mean they're ignoring you.
Reply 5
Original post by sinfonietta
If you're the same person who posted this thread then it sounds like your text didn't really need a reply. Conversations can end naturally. It doesn't mean they're ignoring you.

Lol wasnt me haha, could be the same girl tho😂😂How would you want someone to start a new convo after it ending?
Maybe she is really busy today. Perhaps wait until tomorrow, and text her then? She will probably be free then and will get the time to text you back. Don't worry about, just because someone isn't talking to you right now, doesn't mean they're not interested.:smile:

Lol wasnt me haha, could be the same girl tho😂😂How would you want someone to start a new convo after it ending?

I would just say hi. If you text her tomorrow morning you could say good morning to start the conversation, or just say hey.
Reply 7
Sometimes it doesn't always need a reply.

Also I look at my mate's stories and whatnot and take ages to reply sometimes. It doesn't mean a thing... I'm either overwhelmed/ just want some headspace or downtime/ insert other justification.
Reply 8
Original post by FRS500
Sometimes it doesn't always need a reply.

Also I look at my mate's stories and whatnot and take ages to reply sometimes. It doesn't mean a thing... I'm either overwhelmed/ just want some headspace or downtime/ insert other justification.

She has said that she is a bad replier to everyone to be fair to her so i will probably leave to till tomorrow and message her then
Reply 9
She has said that she is a bad replier to everyone to be fair to her so i will probably leave to till tomorrow and message her then

I've had things with notoriously bad texters lmao but I am one too at times.

Doesn't always mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes does.
Original post by FRS500
I've had things with notoriously bad texters lmao but I am one too at times.

Doesn't always mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes does.

Is there anyway i can tell if it means something 🤣
Reply 11
Is there anyway i can tell if it means something 🤣

Like being able to tell if water is really made out of cheese... no you can't kind sir!

I think when asking someone on a first date its better to just suggest a day and activity rather then can we go for a 'date' with nothing specific.
Even if the plans change its far more likely to happen if you have something concrete, if you just agreed to date but no actual day then nothing is really planned.
Original post by mnot
I think when asking someone on a first date its better to just suggest a day and activity rather then can we go for a 'date' with nothing specific.
Even if the plans change its far more likely to happen if you have something concrete, if you just agreed to date but no actual day then nothing is really planned.

Yeah we did, golf when she’s next back in the country (doesn’t know due to COVID) so it’s a difficult one
Yeah we did, golf when she’s next back in the country (doesn’t know due to COVID) so it’s a difficult one

Well if you dont have a date set then its not really fully set yet. Id just text her again tomorrow as a new conversation then once shes back in the country ask her out again but with a calender date for the date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending