The Student Room Group

Buckigham vs UCLan

I've got offers for the medicine program from Buckingham university and UCLan. I'm conflicted in choosing between them tho. Which is a better choice, considering all aspects of the unis?
(edited 3 years ago)
This has to be a personal decision. Which do you prefer more? Medical school is a long slog, so think seriously about which place would be better for you to live in, commute around etc.
Reply 2
Original post by Twin#2
I've got offers for the medicine program from Buckingham university and UCLan. I'm conflicted in choosing between them tho. Which is a better choice, considering all aspects of the unis?

Same confusion with me as well. What have you decided?
Reply 3
Original post by Kvishnu
Same confusion with me as well. What have you decided?

I haven’t made a final decision yet but I’m leaning more towards Buckingham univeristy. They have smaller class sizes, which I prefer, it’s closer to big cities, and I like their placement structure more too.
Original post by Twin#2
I haven’t made a final decision yet but I’m leaning more towards Buckingham univeristy. They have smaller class sizes, which I prefer, it’s closer to big cities, and I like their placement structure more too.

Class size, teaching methods, methods of assessment and location are all important factors to consider.
Reply 5
Original post by Twin#2

When is your deadline for making the decision ? Can I know where are you from?
Reply 6
Original post by Kvishnu
When is your deadline for making the decision ? Can I know where are you from?

The deadline for UCLan is in abt 2 weeks and for Buckingham in 6 weeks, but I need to decide by Monday so I can start the visa application process. I’m originally from Pakistan, what abt u? And what have u decided so far?
Reply 7
Original post by Twin#2
The deadline for UCLan is in abt 2 weeks and for Buckingham in 6 weeks, but I need to decide by Monday so I can start the visa application process. I’m originally from Pakistan
, what abt u? And what have u decided so far?

from India, mostly UCLAN
Original post by Twin#2
The deadline for UCLan is in abt 2 weeks and for Buckingham in 6 weeks, but I need to decide by Monday so I can start the visa application process. I’m originally from Pakistan, what abt u? And what have u decided so far?

Buckingham is a shorter course - although its a small town you are near MK and Oxford. Any specific questions on the area?
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
Buckingham is a shorter course - although its a small town you are near MK and Oxford. Any specific questions on the area?

Any idea about Preston?
Original post by Kvishnu
Any idea about Preston?

No, it's further north so will be colder and wetter ... never been there though.
Reply 11
Original post by Kvishnu
from India, mostly UCLAN

I see, what’s making you more inclined towards UCLan?
Reply 12

Any idea on how facilities differ in the two?
Original post by Twin#2
Any idea on how facilities differ in the two?

Preston is an industrialised town, much bigger than Buckingham - what sort of facilities?
Reply 14
Preston is an industrialised town, much bigger than Buckingham - what sort of facilities?

Ohh I meant medical facilities at the unis
Original post by Twin#2
Ohh I meant medical facilities at the unis

I have no idea - sorry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending