The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 coursework

If the BTEC level 3 diploma in IT 100% coursework or will it contain exams?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Armaan247
I the BTEC level 3 in IT 100% coursework or will it contain exams?

It depends if you do the old QCF course (which some FE colleges still do) there are no exams. Most centres have moved to the new RQF which has either 1,2,3 or 4 exams depending on the size (certificate, diploma or extended diploma) the spec is at; https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/information-technology-2016.html
Original post by bamtutor
It depends if you do the old QCF course (which some FE colleges still do) there are no exams. Most centres have moved to the new RQF which has either 1,2,3 or 4 exams depending on the size (certificate, diploma or extended diploma) the spec is at; https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/information-technology-2016.html

Oh right okay cool thank you. I have just got an email from my teacher I have been offered a place at the pearson BTEC level 3 extended diploma in IT RQF. So I was just wondering if that will contain exams?

Thank you for sharing the link I will check it out.
Oh right okay cool thank you. I have just got an email from my teacher I have been offered a place at the pearson BTEC level 3 extended diploma in IT RQF. So I was just wondering if that will contain exams?

Thank you for sharing the link I will check it out.

Yes, the RQF Ext dip has the four exams. The link shows the specification and that lists which units have exams
Yes, the RQF Ext dip has the four exams. The link shows the specification and that lists which units have exams

Oh okay thank you so much. I just checked how many external exam units there are and they are saying there is two exams?
For the Extended Diploma it is 4; Units 1,2, 11 and 14.
Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 20.19.21.png
For the Extended Diploma it is 4; Units 1,2, 11 and 14.
Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 20.19.21.png

Oh okay thank you so much. I havent been told about covering unit 11 and 14 I have 8 units to cover. Oh so maybe 2 exams this year and second year 2 got it thank you.

Its not 4 exams for the first year of level right?
Oh okay thank you so much. I havent been told about covering unit 11 and 14 I have 8 units to cover. Oh so maybe 2 exams this year and second year 2 got it thank you.

Its not 4 exams for the first year of level right?

Normally two exams each year. The centre will deliver units in year 1 totalling 540 GLH and the other 540 in year 2. They normally plan exams for units 1 and 2 in year 1,so that if you drop out and don't do year 2, you still get a Certificate or Ext Cert or Foundation diploma depending on which Mandatory units you cover.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending