The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

sex life at durham uni freshers and general

firmed durham but sounds really bad but want the casual sex thing whilst at uni- what is durham like in regards to this? is it common?

Scroll to see replies

Prepare to be disappointed then
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Prepare to be disappointed then

oh no, why?
not OP here but also curious, is there any particular college known for sleeping about?
I think there is no-one who keeps data of how frequent casual sex is at Durham. Perhaps, you can ask your professor to conduct a survey and the results can be proudly displayed on their website.
oh no, why?

Sex at freshers week is a myth. At a place like Durham you'd be very lucky. Low ranked unis possibly but unlikely. If you hear people saying they had casual sex, they are probably talking bs just to sound cool
Reply 6
not OP here but also curious, is there any particular college known for sleeping about?

im glad other people are curious too- im not gonna lie i want that to be part of my uni experience
Reply 7
Sex at freshers week is a myth. At a place like Durham you'd be very lucky. Low ranked unis possibly but unlikely. If you hear people saying they had casual sex, they are probably talking bs just to sound cool

ah- did you/do you go to Durham?
ah- did you/do you go to Durham?

No. A current student I don't go to Durham, but don't have expectations like that, if you do prepare to get disappointed. You can't really generalise unis like that anyway. Each cohort will be different and culture changes every year.
firmed durham but sounds really bad but want the casual sex thing whilst at uni- what is durham like in regards to this? is it common?

dude I have been to durham and it's the most old-fashioned place , even though the people who study here are not really up-tight , they are not the casual sex type.try the bottom half universities if you want that.
It was thriving when I was there. We may not have the city night life of other universities but college bars, drinking in halls and Tinder means casual sex is available.

However the old truism remains. If you had the looks and personality to enjoy casual sex before university, you'll find it easy to sleep around at university. Otherwise you'll face a bit of work.
Nothing like that going on in old Durham town
Original post by Kitten in boots
It was thriving when I was there. We may not have the city night life of other universities but college bars, drinking in halls and Tinder means casual sex is available.

However the old truism remains. If you had the looks and personality to enjoy casual sex before university, you'll find it easy to sleep around at university. Otherwise you'll face a bit of work.

Thanks! What college were you at and how long ago were u there? And also, what do u think of durham nighlife generally? do you go to newcatsle often?
Thanks! What college were you at and how long ago were u there? And also, what do u think of durham nighlife generally? do you go to newcatsle often?

Van Mildert

Durham is small so there aren't that many places to go to but you can still have fun. I only went to Newcastle on a few occasions, generally for gigs, simply because getting back after midnight is a pain.
Van Mildert

Durham is small so there aren't that many places to go to but you can still have fun. I only went to Newcastle on a few occasions, generally for gigs, simply because getting back after midnight is a pain.

thanks! At Wood or been assigned it so hopefully it is very social!
Van Mildert

I got reallocated to Mildert, is it a good one?
This has to be satire, right?

Go for the education. not based on how easy it is to get laid lol
I had an orgy whilst I was at Durham, experimented with a girl for the first time and had sex with a guy much much older than me. Trust me, things can get pretty wild there!
l would like some of that

Quick Reply

Latest