The Student Room Group

Train ticket help

Hey guys! On Sunday me and my boyfriend are off to keighley vía train. I told him I’d buy the tickets However he bought his own ticket and accidentally purchased an early train ticket even though I had purchased a later one. So:

Same day train ticket, all day open return, same pricing however different timing. Will he still be able to catch the train with me and use that ticket he bought? Bare in mind it’s same location, same price and exact same ticket just different timing. Thank you! X
Reply 1
Original post by Sadz_x
Hey guys! On Sunday me and my boyfriend are off to keighley vía train. I told him I’d buy the tickets However he bought his own ticket and accidentally purchased an early train ticket even though I had purchased a later one. So:

Same day train ticket, all day open return, same pricing however different timing. Will he still be able to catch the train with me and use that ticket he bought? Bare in mind it’s same location, same price and exact same ticket just different timing. Thank you! X

Hi. The ticket is the only valid for the train time specified on it unless it's an anytime ticket. He can change tickets to your time, but there is a fee

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46594.aspx#:~:text=Changes%20to%20time%20or%20date,when%20you%20request%20a%20change.
Reply 2
Hi thanks for that
Original post by ecomhero
Hi. The ticket is the only valid for the train time specified on it unless it's an anytime ticket. He can change tickets to your time, but there is a fee

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46594.aspx#:~:text=Changes%20to%20time%20or%20date,when%20you%20request%20a%20change.

Hi thanks for that! Because it’s an open return off peak ticket it states this:

These tickets don't require you to travel on a specific train, but they do have restrictions on the time you can travel.

Check at the station before you travel: you may find you don't need to pay an additional fare as long as your outward travel date remains the same.

Off-Peak Day and the outward part of Off Peak tickets are only valid on the date shown on the ticket. If you need to change this date, you will need to cancel your ticket (see below) and buy a new ticket.

Not really sure because it says the date but the date is the same as me, just not the same time? And it’s an open return off peak so I’m not really sure
Reply 3
Original post by Sadz_x
Hi thanks for that

Hi thanks for that! Because it’s an open return off peak ticket it states this:

These tickets don't require you to travel on a specific train, but they do have restrictions on the time you can travel.

Check at the station before you travel: you may find you don't need to pay an additional fare as long as your outward travel date remains the same.

Off-Peak Day and the outward part of Off Peak tickets are only valid on the date shown on the ticket. If you need to change this date, you will need to cancel your ticket (see below) and buy a new ticket.

Not really sure because it says the date but the date is the same as me, just not the same time? And it’s an open return off peak so I’m not really sure

If it's an off-peak ticket, then you can travel anytime in the day outside of peak hours. Also, when you mean time, do you mean the departure time of a train. I don't think off-peak tickets show a time on them, just the date.
What does it say on the ticket?
Does it specify a train time?
Or does it say off-peak, super off-peak etc.?

If both your tickets say the same thing then yes you can talk the same train

Quick Reply

Latest