The Student Room Group

GSS Data Science Degree Apprenticeship

Hello, has anyone applied for the GSS Data Degree Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Yep, had my interview last week. Don’t think it went that well in all honesty, how did yours go?
Reply 2
yh same, I had it on Tuesday and I got an email the next day saying I was succesful and that once they confirm my posting they would give me an offer.
Reply 3
have you checked your feedback section on the application centre? they might have said something on there.
Oh congrats, didn't know they were moving that quickly. They've not even bothered moving my status from 'interview slot booked' so the interview probably went worse than I even thought haha.

How did your presentation go? I did struggle quite badly with one of the questions after it but the rest were fine. Which locations did you apply for?
Reply 5
I applied for London. My presentation went well actually, I spent like 3 days on it and in the feedback they gave they said that they were impressed with the level of detail. the follow up questions were difficult in my opinion and I found the rest of the interview all right. I prepared examples for every behavior they were going to assess so I was able to use them in my answer.

what location did you apply for? maybe they're taking longer because of the location.
That's really surprising actually, I would have thought there'd be much higher demand for London places so it'd take longer for people applying there to get a response. I applied for Manchester. Since you got a response back so quickly I'm guessing I'll find out if I'm successful or not quite quickly too, probably next week.

I thought I had a really good example for "describe a scenario where you've had to overcome a challenge" but it ended up being too technical, probably because I was relying too much on my previous web dev experience. I'm looking forward to the feedback at least since this was my first interview for a really long time.

How detailed was the feedback you got?
Reply 7
they give you scores for the behaviors they were assessing which are out of 7 and they give you a score for your presentation (the technical component) out of 7 as well and then they give a short paragraph with general comments about your interview
What scores did you get in each category if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 9
working together- 4
managing quality service- 5
developing self and others- 5
technical (presentation)- 6
total- 20/28
Was your email similar to this?

Congratulations, you have met the required standards and have been successful at interview
This does not guarantee that you will be made an offer of employment. We are considering your posting and once this has been confirmed we will be able to make you a provisional job offer.
We will keep you regularly updated, and we will inform you once we have an outcome.
Reply 11
congrats. yep, exactly the same. I've just emailed them to ask for extra clarification as to what it means. What scores did you get if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 3 years ago)
Cheers! Was surprised to get this email, I thought I had really messed up the follow-up questions to the presentation.

Working together - 5
Developing self and others - 5
Maintaining a quality service - 4
Presentation - 4

18/28

I don't think the email guarantees anything though. There's probably a number of candidates who got 4 or more out of 7 on each thing that was assessed and now they'll compare each successful candidate to all the others. If you get a reply that clears things up, please do let us know!
Reply 13
Yeah

Original post by Zakmeister-
Cheers! Was surprised to get this email, I thought I had really messed up the follow-up questions to the presentation.

Working together - 5
Developing self and others - 5
Maintaining a quality service - 4
Presentation - 4

18/28

I don't think the email guarantees anything though. There's probably a number of candidates who got 4 or more out of 7 on each thing that was assessed and now they'll compare each successful candidate to all the others. If you get a reply that clears things up, please do let us know!

Yeah, of course. I've actually decided to accept an offer from another company but I'll definitely let you know when they reply to my email.
Good luck with everything mate.
Reply 15
Good luck with everything mate.

Thanks, you too :smile:
Reply 16
just got an email saying:

"Congratulations, you have met the required standards and have been successful at interview.

We are unable to place you in a role immediately however, we would look to do so as soon as a suitable position becomes available. You will be placed on a Reserve List until a job offer can be made.

The reserve list will last for 6 months from the date of this email.

If you do not hear from us by this date we have not been able to offer you a position.

Do not resign from your current employment until you are in receipt of this formal offer."

did you get something?
Exact same email mate. Would be nice to know if they’ve filled the position with someone else or if they’re not bothering with it 😆 I’ll email them today asking them that.
Reply 18
Exact same email mate. Would be nice to know if they’ve filled the position with someone else or if they’re not bothering with it 😆 I’ll email them today asking them that.

they're not great with replies, I emailed them last week monday and they still haven't got back to me
Reply 19
I just had an informal interview with the Department of Health and social care, they sent me an email a couple of days ago and they said they're speaking with other candidates on the reserve list. what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending