The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day 2020: Post Your Results!

Poll

How do you feel about your results?

A-Level Results Day; 13th August 2020

Subject and exam board: / Actual grade:

Plans after A-Levels? Plans for the rest of your day? :hugs:

Good luck guys and no matter what you got, be proud of yourself! :party: :woo: :smile:

#NoWrongPath
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

aqa maths / grade i think i'll get: a/b?? / actual grade: b
aqa psych / grade i think i'll get: a / actual grade: a
aqa english lit / grade i think i'll get: b (if i'm lucky:s-smilie:) / actual grade: b

if all goes well i'll hopefully be studying psychology at cardiff:h: i need abb to get in.
(edited 3 years ago)
English Language (AQA) / I Think I'll Get: A / I Got an A
English Literature (OCR) / I Think I'll Get: A / I Got an A
Politics (Edexcel) / I Think I'll Get: A* / I Got an A
EPQ (AQA) / I Think I'll Get: A / I Got an A*!!

Got into Edinburgh :wink: job well done
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by absolutelysprout
aqa maths / grade i think i'll get: a/b?? /
aqa psych / grade i think i'll get: a /
aqa english lit / grade i think i'll get: b (if i'm lucky:s-smilie:) /

if all goes well i'll hopefully be studying psychology at cardiff:h:

Good luck :smile:
Further Maths (Edexcel) / predict: A*
Chemistry (AQA) / predict: A
Biology (AQA) / predict: A

With any luck I'll actually get an A* in chemistry and meet my offer
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 5hyl33n
Good luck :smile:

thank you :smile:
English language (Eduqas) : A /
English literature (Eduqas) : A /
Geography (edexcel) : A* /
Geology (ocr) : A /

Need AAA to get into first choice university

Good luck everyone!!!!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Religion / CCEA / A
Moving Image Arts / CCEA / A
Journalism/ CCEA / A

Unconditional offer accepted for Bournemouth.
Reply 8
Ahhh man! It’s only recently sunk in that in 3 and a bit weeks we’ll all be getting our results!

Law (WJEC): / I think I’ll get a C (may get a B as I was on track for one and our sixth form is one of the best in the country in terms of law results)

Sociology (AQA) / I think I’ll get a C although I’m worried that my D in the year 12 mocks and the Ds I’ve got on a few in class assessments and individual mock papers may drag me down to a D (I’m praying that it doesn’t)

Religious Studies (Edexcel) / I think I’ll get a B but I feel that if I had have taken the exams, I could’ve quite easily came out with an A as our sixth form is 5% harsher than the exam boards when it comes to marking just in case the grade boundaries would’ve been higher than last year so while I got high Bs in my mocks, I really want an A. I’ve also written A grade quality answers with degree level terminology in some cases (our teachers like to make sure we stand out compared to the rest of the country) so I’m hoping that Edexcel give me an A plus my sixth form always comes out with As on average every year in RS so fingers crossed.

I only need 96 UCAS Points (CCC) to get into my first choice uni as I got a reduced offer for completing their first choice programme.
My firm uni is the University of Sunderland to study Media Production.

Good luck guys!
(edited 3 years ago)
Edexcel maths: A/?
OCR A Biology: B/?
AQA Chemistry: A*/?

Plan after A-Levels: Pharmacy with integrated pre registration year at Nottingham
Grades needed: AAB

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! I hope I actually remember to update this, and I also hope the B in bio won’t become a reality but the way I’ve been going these last two years I think it’ll be.
seeing this forum made my heart sink....anyways

Subject: A level Literature / A* if the exam board doesn't get evil with me / Actual grade:

Subject: Philosophy / Grade you think you'll get: A (I rly want an A* though and I was always getting it in mocks but my AS grade is a B so the examboard will probs drag) my predicted to A/ Actual grade:

Subject: History / Grade you think you'll get: B (BUT RLY NEED AN A FOR LSE!!!! But for AS I got a C... Urgh I improved sooooo much in yr13)/ Actual grade:

Plans after A-Levels? Law at lse. I was predicted A*A*A and I need A*AA
AQA SOCIOLOGY A LEVEL
Grade you think you'll get: A/B (🥺A/A* if teachers are kind n bc I’ve had these grades before still doubt it tho bc of standardisation)
Actual grade: (Aug 13) GOT THE A!

OCR PHILOSOPHY AND ETHICS A LEVEL
Grade you think you'll get: B (🥺A because I’ve gotten essays with A’s but doubt I’ll acc get it )
Actual grade: (Aug 13) GOT THE B!

EDEXCEL HOME LANGUAGE URDU A LEVEL Grade you think you'll get: yikes a C if I’m even lucky bc there was no assistance and I wasn’t in a good place.
Actual grade: (Aug 13, ie doomsday) damn actually managed a B! Phew 😅

AQA EXTENDED PROJECT QUALIFICATION
Grade you think you'll get: hopefully at least a B🥺
Bc ngl they didn’t give us accessibility to finish the project.
Actual grade: (Aug 13) GOT THE B!!!

Plans after A-Levels? What grades do you need to go to your chosen uni etc

FIRM:
ROYAL HOLLOWAY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
BSc SOCIAL SCIENCES
OFFER: BBB,B(EPQ)
I GOT INTO MY FIRMMMMM YEAAAAA BOIII

INSURANCE:
UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER
BA SOCIOLOGY
OFFER: CCC
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by NE1
Ahhh man! It’s only recently sunk in that in 3 and a bit weeks we’ll all be getting our results!

Law (WJEC): / I think I’ll get a C (may get a B as I was on track for one and our sixth form is one of the best in the country in terms of law results)

Sociology (AQA) / I think I’ll get a C although I’m worried that my D in the year 12 mocks and the Ds I’ve got on a few in class assessments and individual mock papers may drag me down to a D (I’m praying that it doesn’t)

Religious Studies (Edexcel) / I think I’ll get a B but I feel that if I had have taken the exams, I could’ve quite easily came out with an A as our sixth form is 5% harsher than the exam boards when it comes to marking just in case the grade boundaries would’ve been higher than last year so while I got high Bs in my mocks, I really want an A. I’ve also written A grade quality answers with degree level terminology in some cases (our teachers like to make sure we stand out compared to the rest of the country) so I’m hoping that Edexcel give me an A plus my sixth form always comes out with As on average every year in RS so fingers crossed.

I only need 96 UCAS Points (CCC) to get into my first choice uni as I got a reduced offer for completing their first choice programme.
My firm uni is the University of Sunderland to study Media Production.

Good luck guys!

We're looking forward to welcoming you!
Do let us know if you have any questions ahead of your arrival :smile:
I have an offer for law too! I'm really worried as I have no clue what I'm getting, I don't think it'll be an A* anyway :frown:. Good luck pal!
Here's mine:
Law AQA: A/B - My year group realy struggled, I was one of the stronger candidates dbut I doubt this will translate through to my actual result
Sociology AQA: A? - I have no clue, I hated the subject as my teacher was awful, I hope they see that I got an A* for it in GCSE with 190/200 marks, might help I guess
History AQA: A/B - I did get a few As as well as an A in my coursework, still I'm unsure of my result
I really do lack the confidence to believe in these predicted results, I was predicted an A* for law but doubt I will get it.
Firm- LSE
Insurance- Southampton
Reply 15
Not sure if any of you had taken A levels under WJEC but thought this may be useful to some people. My law A level is through them and in a nutshell, it seems like they’re not exactly doing the same thing as Offqual as it sounds like they may just give students their CAGs

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...wales-53503448
bumping this in case there's anyone else who wants to predict their results :ninja:
:bump:
Less than a week to go now! Anyone else fancy a guess at their grades?
Having had a closer look at the details given out so far and my centre's past performance I think I'll (cautiously) predict myself A*A*A. It'll be a bit cringe if I'm wrong though.
Biology aqa : B/C
Chemistry aqa : C/D
Maths edexcel : E
Feel pretty screwed and predicting my self lower so that I’m not disappointed.
Also no idea what I’m doing with my life so thats fun :rolleyes:.

Quick Reply

Latest