The Student Room Group

GCSE revision

How exactly did you guys revise for GCSE/ A levels? I know making things like mindmaps, flash cards, revision notes and videos is recommended, but all the advice seems a bit overwhelming, and I just need a clear strategy for how to revise - I’m not sure how to put these tactics all together.

So, what did you do? And does anyone have any tips?

Thanks!
Original post by Down_worlder
How exactly did you guys revise for GCSE/ A levels? I know making things like mindmaps, flash cards, revision notes and videos is recommended, but all the advice seems a bit overwhelming, and I just need a clear strategy for how to revise - I’m not sure how to put these tactics all together.

Thanks!

Everyone revises differently, find what works for you :h: You don't have to stick to one method, you might find mindmaps work better for RS but flash cards work better for science.

For GCSE, I made summary notes on the computer (using OneNote) and by hand and then I "taught" them to myself. For something like maths, I just did practice questions.
For A level, I used the same note-taking process but also used flashcards for English quotes and planned answers to lots of practice questions for history.

Hope that helps :nyan:
to learn/remember content i find flashcards v useful :smile: look into anki (ik a lot of medical students use it to remember stuff) (its an online flashcard library so saves writing them on paper and potentially losing them)

then i apply my knowledge by doing exam questions/past papers. what i get wrong, i make flashcards on :biggrin: it's a cycle haha

I should mention I study science so this may not work for essay based subjects
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Down_worlder

Thanks!

If your interested pm me, I could sell you copies of my gcse and a level notes I used - depending on which subjects you want obviously. I got mainly grade 9s at gcse and I sat my maths a level a year early and got a grade A. :smile:
Everyone revision techniques will be different. You need to find what works for you like neko no base has mentioned. Find out what kind of learner you are and experiment with different revision techniques to find what suits best for each subject. For example, I am a kinaesthetic learner so I learn best through active practice but I wouldnt be a visual learner because I absolutely cant go through a video while concentrating it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending