The Student Room Group

9 in Religious studies and geography

I’m trying to get 9s in both geography and religious studies. I find these two quite difficult I’m currently working at like a 4/5 but I want to get a 9s next year. Can you please give me a thorough explanation on how you revised for both. My spec is eduqas b for both.
that's a really big jump so you need to put in the effort and time to make that change.. i didnt do geography but i did aqa religious studies and i think the most helpful thing was making small essay plans with only key words written on. So for example, if I was writing an essay plan, I'd do 3 columns for Point Evidence and Explain and then 5 rows for For, Against, For, Against and Conclusion and I'd only write one sentence max in each space.. that sounds so confusin lol sorry
Original post by fijitastic
that's a really big jump so you need to put in the effort and time to make that change.. i didnt do geography but i did aqa religious studies and i think the most helpful thing was making small essay plans with only key words written on. So for example, if I was writing an essay plan, I'd do 3 columns for Point Evidence and Explain and then 5 rows for For, Against, For, Against and Conclusion and I'd only write one sentence max in each space.. that sounds so confusin lol sorry

It’s a realllyyy big jump but I believe with effort I’ll be able to get it in year 11 hopefully
Original post by unknownm123
I’m trying to get 9s in both geography and religious studies. I find these two quite difficult I’m currently working at like a 4/5 but I want to get a 9s next year. Can you please give me a thorough explanation on how you revised for both. My spec is eduqas b for both.

For religious studies. I did AQA btw. I say focus 90% on your exam structure. All I learned were the structures for each question. For example, PEE x 2 for the 5 markers. And then for the 12 markers, I would do a brief intro, PEE x 4, then conclusion. It sounds like a lot and it was, RE was always an exam that caused me the most hand ache, simply because of how much I would write. But yeah, I didn’t revise a single piece of content from year9 and I always got the highest in the year, in the end I never got to do the exam, because of COVID, but it’s whatever. I hope this helps.
What are you doing in terms of revising so far? Are you confident in the content? How are you like in exam conditions? For RE i didnt really revise because as long as you got the content down and exam structure, it becomes very easy getting the high grades consistently. Learning the exam structure will definitely give you the structure of how to get full marks - it's just adding the point and detail you need to remember to make sure you are using that structure well.
Original post by PetitePanda
What are you doing in terms of revising so far? Are you confident in the content? How are you like in exam conditions? For RE i didnt really revise because as long as you got the content down and exam structure, it becomes very easy getting the high grades consistently. Learning the exam structure will definitely give you the structure of how to get full marks - it's just adding the point and detail you need to remember to make sure you are using that structure well.

I’m alright with the content and I have started revising yet because I’m not sure how to and I’m. Struggling with the structure
I’m alright with the content and I have started revising yet because I’m not sure how to and I’m. Struggling with the structure

try https://cognitate.co.uk/revision-techniques/ for how to revise to get grade 9s

I suggest finding your examboard specification and ranking green red yellow on the topics and that will start you off. For structure, what examboard do you do?
Original post by PetitePanda
I suggest finding your examboard specification and ranking green red yellow on the topics and that will start you off. For structure, what examboard do you do?

A weird Welsh one. Eduqas route B
A weird Welsh one. Eduqas route B

I dont do that but maybe ask your teacher any resources on how to do the structure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending