The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

I'm so nervous! Is anybody else?

I am so nervous. I am waiting to find out if I've been accepted to Solent for September. I'm hoping to study Foundation in Journalism, Advertising and Marketing and then move onto Public Relations and Communication Management is anyone else taking this course? It feels like it's taking forever to get an answer, it's been a week. I know their busy so I have to be patient. I am also nervous about starting University. I am going to be a mature student and I'm worried about making friends. I'm glad I found this website. Hopefully can chat with people here. :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by reed1210
I am so nervous. I am waiting to find out if I've been accepted to Solent for September. I'm hoping to study Foundation in Journalism, Advertising and Marketing and then move onto Public Relations and Communication Management is anyone else taking this course. It feels like it's taking forever to get an answer, it's been a week. I know their busy so I have to be patient. I am also nervous about starting University. I am going to be a mature student and I'm worried about making friends. I'm glad I found this website. Hopefully can chat with people here. :smile:

My advice would be to do an access course and preserve your HE funding. It will be cheaper , give you more options and still let you do the same thing.

I highly doubt Solent will reject you though.
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
I was extremely nervous too about starting university. I cried so much because of my nervousness and no matter what i say you will be nervous BUT once I started it was so stupid of me to get nervous because it was so chilled. I am not a mature student but I cant tell you everyone is friendly and just chilled out and you will find other people who are mature students and you will become friends with them. I do forensic science and we had mature students. The mature students stuck together and got along with each other well. There was another mature student who was friends wth everyone and got along with everyone. Theres no judgement or awkwardness to be honest. Its scary not knowing what to expect but with everythnig it goes fine if that makes sense. It was beyong terryfying for me but everyone was on the same boat and I found a friend. I am extremely introverted and quiet so if I found a friend anyone can lol.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I was extremely nervous too about starting university. I cried so much because of my nervousness and no matter what i say you will be nervous BUT once I started it was so stupid of me to get nervous because it was so chilled. I am not a mature student but I cant tell you everyone is friendly and just chilled out and you will find other people who are mature students and you will become friends with them. I do forensic science and we had mature students. The mature students stuck together and got along with each other well. There was another mature student who was friends wth everyone and got along with everyone. Theres no judgement or awkwardness to be honest. Its scary not knowing what to expect but with everythnig it goes fine if that makes sense. It was beyong terryfying for me but everyone was on the same boat and I found a friend. I am extremely introverted and quiet so if I found a friend anyone can lol.

Thanks for your reply. You have made me feel better. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
My advice would be to do an access course and preserve your HE funding. It will be cheaper , give you more options and still let you do the same thing.
Thanks for your feedback
I highly doubt Solent will reject you though.

Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for your reply. You have made me feel better. :smile:

No problem it is quite a scary thought but it was no where as scary as I thought it would be. I wished I could just have seen the future through a telscope and realised its my mind making it extremely scary. Honestly you will be fine. I actually came to student room too before starting university with a similar question and foundit just a few days ago. I am in my second year and will be going into third. I wish I could have just hugged myself and said it was going to be fine loll
I am nervous as well I am in clearing for the digital art courses at solent, if you ever need a chat I’m always up for it :smile:
I am so nervous. I am waiting to find out if I've been accepted to Solent for September. I'm hoping to study Foundation in Journalism, Advertising and Marketing and then move onto Public Relations and Communication Management is anyone else taking this course? It feels like it's taking forever to get an answer, it's been a week. I know their busy so I have to be patient. I am also nervous about starting University. I am going to be a mature student and I'm worried about making friends. I'm glad I found this website. Hopefully can chat with people here. :smile:

Hello @reed1210,

I understand it can be a nerve-wracking time before joining University as it is such a new and different experience. In my experience, the Welcome Week really helped our cohort get to know each other. It is really exciting that you are planning to study Public Relations and Communications Management as that is the course Izzy and I (Solent Student Room Ambassadors) are studying- so if you would like any more information about the course structure or how the course is assessed then let us know as we'd be more than happy to help.

Best of luck with your studies!
Eloise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending