The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

stupid question but i will answer it anyways
1.NO
2.NO
3.NO
4.NO
Original post by Anonymous
Lol I'm personally not a feminist as although there are some things like in equal pay etc etc, guys dont have it easy either. If a guy is vulnerable, cries or anything like that hes called gay etc etc, guys cant wear makeup or anything like that as they'll be called gay. Think about it, you never rlly hear stories about guys being raped etc as a girl could never possibly do that, even tho they do. Idk neither genders have it easy and I feel like some ppl dont see that, this is all my view btw I dont wanna offend anybody. I'm a girl btw

Thank You so much for your insight.
This is what we should keep in mind.
Both genders face inequality. If people could understand it.
Though I am a guy who want to express his feelings freely but wearing make up will not be my thing
Thank you though
Original post by hope1279
Hi there, you're right we don't know how many guys are victims that we don't know about and it's probably even harder for them to tell people because some people think it makes them less of a man. Both men and women have their own struggles but some we have in common. For example, women the pay gap, men tend to receive harsher criminal punishments than women and both can experience domestic violence. There's a lot of feminists fighting to improve women's rights but you don't see many fighting for men's struggles. There's not nearly as many men's charities as women's charities. Some may argue that's because there are more female victims but of course we don't know the real number of victims. I guess we should just try to improve society as a whole.

Yeah definitely, each gender has their own struggles but I feel like the media only rlly talks about womens struggles and not men. You also never hear about women who are predators to younger boys and no one is ever told to look out for women, even tho they can be just as dangerous as men. Idk it's like society has these images for men and women and the image that a women can rape and a man can cry doesnt rlly fit in unfortunately
Original post by kadiatuj0001
stupid question but i will answer it anyways
1.NO
2.NO
3.NO
4.NO

Sorry...
I did not mean to sound stupid
Sorry...
Original post by Britannia006
Sorry...
I did not mean to sound stupid
Sorry...

no worries :biggrin:
Thank You so much for your insight.
This is what we should keep in mind.
Both genders face inequality. If people could understand it.
Though I am a guy who want to express his feelings freely but wearing make up will not be my thing
Thank you though

Hahhaha yes, yeah definitely both genders face inequality it just sucjs how ppl only rlly focus on women and the problems men face get cast aside a lot of the time. Guys should be able to express their feelings and be vulnerable without being called a girl or gay, but equally women have problems too like the pay gap.
Original post by kadiatuj0001
no worries :biggrin:

Okay...
You do know extreme feminists are a small minority right?
Are you going to ask black people if they hate white people soon?
Yeah definitely, each gender has their own struggles but I feel like the media only rlly talks about womens struggles and not men. You also never hear about women who are predators to younger boys and no one is ever told to look out for women, even tho they can be just as dangerous as men. Idk it's like society has these images for men and women and the image that a women can rape and a man can cry doesnt rlly fit in unfortunately

Yeah like if a female student is abused by a male teacher everyone thinks the teacher should loose their job and go to prison and are demonised but when there's a male student and a female teacher, some people think he was "lucky" which just completely downplays the trauma. In the UK at least, a woman can't physically commit the act of rape so male and female offenders may be treated differently by the law which I guess could affect how people view the crime differently.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by hope1279
Yeah like if a female student is abused by a male teacher everyone thinks the teacher should loose their job and go to prison and are demonised but when there's a male student and a female teacher, some people think he was "lucky" which just completely downplays the trauma. In the UK at least, a woman can't physically commit the act of rape so male and female offenders may be treated differently by the law which I guess could affect how people view it.

Definitely, It sucks how men can barely be able to be seen as victims even tho not all men are rlly tough etc, a lot of them are nervous and not as "manly" as the media portrays them to be.
Speaking as a feminist, yes. I hate all men. They are disgusting. I consider them predators and wild beasts. Men are stupid for me. I would put men in cages.

... That's the answer you were after, right?

I know you're just a troll. I do. But I'm replying anyway because I think this is the subconscious image that self-proclaimed 'meninists' actually do have of all feminists, and I want to do my part in debunking that.

First off, I guess I'll address why people have that view. I mean, I'll even admit that calling a movement for gender equality 'feminism' seems like a misnomer, right? Like some kind of dystopian matriarchy thing? (@french speakers check out Je Ne Suis Pas Une Homme Facile)

But no. Feminists aren't against men. They are against the patriarchy. Does dismantling the patriarchy mean disproportionately taking down men since there are a higher proportion of men than women who support it? Yeah, it does. This is not the same as an unequivocal hatred of men. Anyone who does so is not a feminist. They are a misandrist.

My biggest pet peeve about people like you is that you just don't realise is that feminism... actually helps you guys as well?? Just saw a post about some of the issues guys face too (which are totally valid and as wrong as the injustices girls face), and I want to show you how feminism can help.

1. Guys can't cry (also known as 'recipe for toxic masculinity')

This affects guys. Ignorant women perpetrate this belief too. I'm not disputing any of that. But if you think a little deeply, it should become clear that this is actually based in misogyny too? Seeing guys be emotional is stigmatised because it's a 'feminine' action. Guys are meant to be above it. Feminism has a role in fixing this.

2. Guys can't take on feminine jobs (i.e. nurse, primary school teacher, au pair)

Again, this affects guys. Please note that that's not in dispute for this list. But the thing is... this again is about guys ostensibly being 'better' than these roles. Have you noticed how men are meant to be above cooking domestically, but most top chefs are male? Most top headmasters are male, but primary school teachers should be women? To be a nurse is demeaning, but a doctor is a masculine role? It's not the role that doesn't fit the guy - it's the position of servitude, which is meant to fit a woman. Again. Feminism can help.

3. A guy can never be raped by a woman; he can only enjoy it.

For personal reasons I'm not gonna disclose, I've always found this one ****ed up to the extreme. Even when it's a full-on adult female teacher having sex with a pupil, she'll often get a lighter sentence than a male contemporary would. That's messed up. And you know why this happens? That li'l thing called toxic masculinity. Which is, like everything else I've mentioned so far, supported by the belief that guys are inherently better than women, and some things (i.e. not enjoying sex) are feminine and thus weak and unfitting. Feminism can help.

So @any guys on here, don't bash feminists because you feel attacked whenever they call out men, alright? Detach yourself from getting defensive automatically. Realise that men aren't the problem; the patriarchy is. Dismantling it helps us all.

tldr; Boys, don't troll feminism. A) **** move, B) stabbing yourself in the foot too, C) **** move
Speaking as a feminist, yes. I hate all men. They are disgusting. I consider them predators and wild beasts. Men are stupid for me. I would put men in cages.

I know you're just a troll. I do. But I'm replying anyway because I think this is the subconscious image that self-proclaimed 'meninists' actually do have of all feminists, and I want to do my part in debunking that.

First off, I guess I'll address why people have that view. I mean, I'll even admit that calling a movement for gender equality 'feminism' seems like a misnomer, right? Like some kind of dystopian matriarchy thing? (@french speakers check out Je Ne Suis Pas Une Homme Facile)

But no. Feminists aren't against men. They are against the patriarchy. Does dismantling the patriarchy mean disproportionately taking down men since there are a higher proportion of men than women who support it? Yeah, it does. This is not the same as an unequivocal hatred of men. Anyone who does so is not a feminist. They are a misandrist.

My biggest pet peeve about people like you is that you just don't realise is that feminism... actually helps you guys as well?? Just saw a post about some of the issues guys face too (which are totally valid and as wrong as the injustices girls face), and I want to show you how feminism can help.

This affects guys. Ignorant women perpetrate this belief too. I'm not disputing any of that. But if you think a little deeply, it should become clear that this is actually based in misogyny too? Seeing guys be emotional is stigmatised because it's a 'feminine' action. Guys are meant to be above it. Feminism has a role in fixing this.

2. Guys can't take on feminine jobs (i.e. nurse, primary school teacher, au pair)

Again, this affects guys. Please note that that's not in dispute for this list. But the thing is... this again is about guys ostensibly being 'better' than these roles. Have you noticed how men are meant to be above cooking domestically, but most top chefs are male? Most top headmasters are male, but primary school teachers should be women? To be a nurse is demeaning, but a doctor is a masculine role? It's not the role that doesn't fit the guy - it's the position of servitude, which is meant to fit a woman. Again. Feminism can help.

For personal reasons I'm not gonna disclose, I've always found this one ****ed up to the extreme. Even when it's a full-on adult female teacher having sex with a pupil, she'll often get a lighter sentence than a male contemporary would. That's messed up. And you know why this happens? That li'l thing called toxic masculinity. Which is, like everything else I've mentioned so far, supported by the belief that guys are inherently better than women, and some things (i.e. not enjoying sex) are feminine and thus weak and unfitting. Feminism can help.

So @any guys on here, don't bash feminists because you feel attacked whenever they call out men, alright? Detach yourself from getting defensive automatically. Realise that men aren't the problem; the patriarchy is. Dismantling it helps us all.

tldr; Boys, don't troll feminism. A) **** move, B) stabbing yourself in the foot too, C) **** move

This post took a lot of balls. Shame it was on anonymous but can’t lie that i’m impressed how you addressed his points
Lol I'm personally not a feminist as although there are some things like in equal pay etc etc, guys dont have it easy either. If a guy is vulnerable, cries or anything like that hes called gay etc etc, guys cant wear makeup or anything like that as they'll be called gay. Think about it, you never rlly hear stories about guys being raped etc as a girl could never possibly do that, even tho they do. Idk neither genders have it easy and I feel like some ppl dont see that, this is all my view btw I dont wanna offend anybody. I'm a girl btw

I think the issue is actually rooted in a patriarchal system that men created. Men tend to call each other gay for being vulnerable or for doing more stereotypically female things like wearing makeup because it goes against their idea of what a man is meant to be. Obviously men should be able to express their emotions freely and wear/act how they wish without judgment, but often men are the ones perpetuating these ideals by shaming other men for being themselves. As for men not coming forward about rape as much, I think that is also sometimes due to the stick they would get from other people as they have been taken advantage of by a woman (who is traditionally the weaker/more submissive one in a relationship). Many people would think of this person as "less of a man" because he has 'allowed' the woman to assert dominance over him. This kind of "Macho" culture is ingrained into many parts of society and is often seen as normal so many people have no problem with it and men tend to suffer in silence because of it. :frown:
no.
because im not a feminist.
and not because i dont want equality, but because the current feminsm movement is so distorted. it's all about women gaining superiority over men. for example, there's a trend going around on social media called the " KILL ALL MEN MOVEMENT 2020", what happened to equality? and, on instagram loads of feminists have been saying, "men shouldn't have an opinion at all."
it's just stupid.
i'm not going to support something that promotes inequality.
Original post by TheStarboy
You do know extreme feminists are a small minority right?
Are you going to ask black people if they hate white people soon?

Thanks for your answer
Original post by mylifeisforsale
I think the issue is actually rooted in a patriarchal system that men created. Men tend to call each other gay for being vulnerable or for doing more stereotypically female things like wearing makeup because it goes against their idea of what a man is meant to be. Obviously men should be able to express their emotions freely and wear/act how they wish without judgment, but often men are the ones perpetuating these ideals by shaming other men for being themselves. As for men not coming forward about rape as much, I think that is also sometimes due to the stick they would get from other people as they have been taken advantage of by a woman (who is traditionally the weaker/more submissive one in a relationship). Many people would think of this person as "less of a man" because he has 'allowed' the woman to assert dominance over him. This kind of "Macho" culture is ingrained into many parts of society and is often seen as normal so many people have no problem with it and men tend to suffer in silence because of it. :frown:

Yeah it rlly sucks, I hate how theres so much silence around this topic as it's not healthy at all. A lot of men also struggle w mental health issues but like you said, dont come forward about it because they fear they wont be seen as "manly enough". Idk I just hate how they have to suffer in silence whereas girls are encouraged to come forward, not so much men tho
Greetings.
Feminists please tell me:
Do you hate men?
Are they disgusting to you?
Do you consider them as predators, wild beasts?
Are men stupid beings for you?
Would you put men in cages if you had the power to do so ?

No
No
No
Some men are stupid, but most men aren't
No

Remember that the definition of Feminist is someone who believes in equality, not someone who wants to rule or be superior to men
Hahhaha yes, yeah definitely both genders face inequality it just sucjs how ppl only rlly focus on women and the problems men face get cast aside a lot of the time. Guys should be able to express their feelings and be vulnerable without being called a girl or gay, but equally women have problems too like the pay gap.

Yes true.
The pay gap is one the awfully obvious examples of inequality.
I just cannot understand why two persons doing the same job are not paid the same amount just because of their genders...
It is silly

100% agree, You have summed up very brilliantly what I was trying to get across in my comment! It's frustrating that people use the problems that men face as an argument against feminism when feminism and dismantling the patriarchy could actually help them lol. Thank you for this really well written comment Anonymous!
Yes true.
The pay gap is one the awfully obvious examples of inequality.
I just cannot understand why two persons doing the same job are not paid the same amount just because of their genders...
It is silly

Ikr it's ridiculous

Latest

Trending

Trending