The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
well ofc i want equality no matter what, but like i said, there are so many "feminists" out there that kinda ruin it all with their childish views. i genuinely dont think they were all joking because people are capable of anything really but yk
idk i'm just really conflicted atm

True there is always 50% of truth in a joke.
People are able to do anything...
Reply 61
- no i don’t hate all men.
- no they’re not all disgusting.
- no they’re not all predators but some are just as some women are. it’s just that there are a higher % of predators in the male population which makes us feel unsafe. but of course, not all men are predators.
- no.
- no. i don’t know if you know the definition of feminism or what we stand for. we want equality. we don’t want women to be regarded as higher than men and we don’t want men to be regarded as higher than women. we want equality.

i don’t know why you’re acting like feminism wants men to be treated as sub-human? we literally just want to be equal to you guys lmao.
Original post by Anonymous
1) No I don’t hate anyone at all, yes I dislike some of their opinions on things.
2) It’s more that they’re shocking by their ignorance, immaturity and lack of respect when it comes to women it’s rare to find a genuine guy nowadays but not disgusted by men.
3) No I wouldn’t consider all of them as predators why would I falsely accuse someone ?!
4) everyone can be stupid at times but it depends on the situation.
5) No

Thank you so much.
Always happy to know that some women are not extremists
Original post by Britannia006
Yes true
Not all of us are predatory.
Also most of the time criminal women do not have the same judiciary sentence criminal men received if they have committed the same type of crime...
See we men are not always that privileged...

Exactly, like i said before i feel like a lot of these points are not made clear in the media so not many ppl are aware of them as it doesny fit the "predator, manly image"
yeah it's silly tbh
can i just ask, you always refer to me as 'girl'. you do it when we message as well haha
any particular reason for that because i dont really liked being referred to as 'girl'?

Oh sorry I should stop then, you do not feel comfortable with it...
I just say it because it is a for me to say little sis. I sometimes call my little sis like that...
Most are men-hating dykes

how many feminists do you know
Oh sorry I should stop then, you do not feel comfortable with it...
I just say it because it is a for me to say little sis. I sometimes call my little sis like that...

dont apologise haha, i can see why you feel normal calling other girls that
but i dont like it, so let's just not haha
thank you!x
Do you hate men? No. I am one so that would be kind of stupid.
Are they disgusting to you? ^
Do you consider them as predators, wild beasts? No, but there is clearly an issue of sexual assault against women, normally at the hands of men.
Are men stupid beings for you? No, no one's inherently stupid.
Would you put men in cages if you had the power to do so? Again, I am a man, so that would not be a very smart idea, but I imagine many feminist women would agree with me there.
I don't think you know what feminism actually is? It's literally just believing that all genders and sexes deserve equality, and that no one sex or gender is better than another.

Homophobia is unnecessary, I think?
Original post by hope1279
how many feminists do you know

To many
no, no, no, no, and no
Thank you so much.
Always happy to know that some women are not extremists

The majority of feminists are not extremists. It does sound suspicious if you think feminism is extreme.
Yeah it rlly sucks, I hate how theres so much silence around this topic as it's not healthy at all. A lot of men also struggle w mental health issues but like you said, dont come forward about it because they fear they wont be seen as "manly enough". Idk I just hate how they have to suffer in silence whereas girls are encouraged to come forward, not so much men tho

Yes as we do not want to be called bitc**
We just suck it up...
Original post by No-one2020
No
No
No
Some men are stupid, but most men aren't
No

Remember that the definition of Feminist is someone who believes in equality, not someone who wants to rule or be superior to men

Thanks a lot for your insight
Unpopular opinion: It really annoys me that people only bring up male inequalities when a feminist conversation happens. Why are you not talking about these things normally? And then feminists are often judged or hated on, when they're the people who actually want to improve and change the situation for both men and women, but obviously focusing on women more than men since women have always been the oppressed sex. By stating prejudices and inequalities women have, are we saying that no one else suffers any inequalities or prejudices? No. So stop refusing to recognise women's problems or keep giving a defence of oh men have problems too.

E.g. The one most commonly used is the men and emotions and having to conform to a masculine ideal. I'm a feminist. I think everyone should be able to show whatever emotions they want and be whoever they want and wear whatever they want as long as they're not being mean to anyone without being judged or whatnot. But males are you offering a shoulder to cry on to your male friends or would they feel like they couldn't? Would you support your friends if they wanted to wear makeup and skirts and were straight, or would you laugh and mock them? Would you ask your parents for emotional support and tell them not to judge you because you're a boy? Would you raise your sons and encourage them 'to be a man' or 'man up' or would you accept them for whoever they are and encourage them to show their emotions?

Many 'groups' suffer problems and discrimination and inequality. Improve these problems in their own right, and stop giving them in defence of women's problems, particularly to the people who actually want to help solve these problems too.
Yes as we do not want to be called bitc**
We just suck it up...

Ik that's awful I feel so bad for guys as it must be so hard
Original post by aw03
- no i don’t hate all men.
- no they’re not all disgusting.
- no they’re not all predators but some are just as some women are. it’s just that there are a higher % of predators in the male population which makes us feel unsafe. but of course, not all men are predators.
- no.
- no. i don’t know if you know the definition of feminism or what we stand for. we want equality. we don’t want women to be regarded as higher than men and we don’t want men to be regarded as higher than women. we want equality.

i don’t know why you’re acting like feminism wants men to be treated as sub-human? we literally just want to be equal to you guys lmao.

It is just that sometimes I feel that some feminists really want to wipe men out of this world
Original post by Issakatie
Unpopular opinion: It really annoys me that people only bring up male inequalities when a feminist conversation happens. Why are you not talking about these things normally? And then feminists are often judged or hated on, when they're the people who actually want to improve and change the situation for both men and women, but obviously focusing on women more than men since women have always been the oppressed sex. By stating prejudices and inequalities women have, are we saying that no one else suffers any inequalities or prejudices? No. So stop refusing to recognise women's problems or keep giving a defence of oh men have problems too.

E.g. The one most commonly used is the men and emotions and having to conform to a masculine ideal. I'm a feminist. I think everyone should be able to show whatever emotions they want and be whoever they want and wear whatever they want as long as they're not being mean to anyone without being judged or whatnot. But males are you offering a shoulder to cry on to your male friends or would they feel like they couldn't? Would you support your friends if they wanted to wear makeup and skirts and were straight, or would you laugh and mock them? Would you ask your parents for emotional support and tell them not to judge you because you're a boy? Would you raise your sons and encourage them 'to be a man' or 'man up' or would you accept them for whoever they are and encourage them to show their emotions?

Many 'groups' suffer problems and discrimination and inequality. Improve these problems in their own right, and stop giving them in defence of women's problems, particularly to the people who actually want to help solve these problems too.

I agree. I feel like sometimes people will say 'men suffer too' only when having a conversation on feminism as if to shut up women inferring their suffering doesn't matter because everyone suffers. That's not a large group though and most people on this page have been really nice. Men deserve to have their own dedicated conversation to acknowledge and discuss their struggles. It should be 'men suffer' not 'men suffer too'.

Thanks for your answer
dont apologise haha, i can see why you feel normal calling other girls that
but i dont like it, so let's just not haha
thank you!x

Okay...
Exactly, like i said before i feel like a lot of these points are not made clear in the media so not many ppl are aware of them as it doesny fit the "predator, manly image"

Yes, unfortunately that is the hidden truth

Latest