The Student Room Group

A level results day 2020 "I am nervous" official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ToastyBanana
What alevels did you sit?
- Graphic communication and photography

What are you expecting?
- honestly I’m not sure, maybe an A or B in photography but graphics could be anywhere from a B to a D because of the circumstances :frown:

What do you need?
- A*A

Which uni have you firmed?
- De Montfort

Why are you nervous?
- I really want to get into my firm choice as it was my number one from the moment I applied. I think they could accept me with AB but I’m not sure if I’m going to get that because of Covid etc.

Original post by Meowgi256
What A levels did you "sit"? Further maths and history (did regular maths last year)
What are you expecting? A*A* / A*A
What do you need? A*A (with the A* in FM)
And which Uni have you firmed? Durham

And most importantly.. why are you nervous and what are you nervous about? I'm not necessarily nervous about results day (my teachers have kind of told me what they'll give me), but I'm more concerned about whether I've chosen the right degree...

ahhh good luck to the both of you mate!
Original post by cherryxberry
I’m scared

heyyy I will send you a DM
Original post by Meowgi256
What A levels did you "sit"? Further maths and history (did regular maths last year)
What are you expecting? A*A* / A*A
What do you need? A*A (with the A* in FM)
And which Uni have you firmed? Durham

And most importantly.. why are you nervous and what are you nervous about? I'm not necessarily nervous about results day (my teachers have kind of told me what they'll give me), but I'm more concerned about whether I've chosen the right degree...

Ummm......what I am scared of is not my teachers..,,,, it’s ofqual
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone on this thread! I hope that everyone gets what they need and ends up at the uni they want. :smile:
What A levels did you "sit"? Chemistry, Biology and Psychology
What are you expecting? not sure but my mock grades were B, A, A*
What do you need? AAA/AAB
And which Uni have you firmed? Leeds (my dream uni!)

And most importantly.. why are you nervous and what are you nervous about? I'm worried about not getting the grades I need and having to resist and be forced into a gap year. Having to go through the application process again with entrance exams and interviews.
Original post by r22002020

And most importantly.. why are you nervous and what are you nervous about? I'm worried about not getting the grades I need and having to resist and be forced into a gap year. Having to go through the application process again with entrance exams and interviews.

oh your a medicine offer holder. Does lead require you to have an A in chemistry?
Original post by Banshee123
oh your a medicine offer holder. Does lead require you to have an A in chemistry?

yes and feeling very nervous.
I'm really confused about the whole resitting exams and how it will work with med applications. I'm hoping unis will be lenient this year on everyone.
yes and feeling very nervous.
I'm really confused about the whole resitting exams and how it will work with med applications. I'm hoping unis will be lenient this year on everyone.

From what I know, medicine is less likely to have leniency although I’ve heard one Ib story where it played out well. It’s just that there’s likely going to be other people who have the grades if unis end up having empty places. But ur mocks sound positive and I wouldn’t worry if I were you.
Original post by Sweet Heart bab
Ummm......what I am scared of is not my teachers..,,,, it’s ofqual

Yeah I completely understand that, but ofqual shouldn't have a reason to moderate me down and I'm trying to be optimistic!
took maths, chem, german and music as a levels, need A*AA for firm although hoping for A*A*AA. feeling slightly nervous but good luck everyone hope y’all get into your firm uni!
I'm so nervous that I can't sleep at night
Original post by Banshee123
From what I know, medicine is less likely to have leniency although I’ve heard one Ib story where it played out well. It’s just that there’s likely going to be other people who have the grades if unis end up having empty places. But ur mocks sound positive and I wouldn’t worry if I were you.

hopefully *fingers crossed* I'm trying not to worry and stay optimistic
Original post by mpaprika
I'm so nervous that I can't sleep at night

this hits. sleep has been so bad recently bc of results. Good luck though and hope ur able to get some rest at night and have more ease hopefully 🙏🏻Rooting for us in this Covid crisis, hope we get what we all deserve
Reply 33
I took Religious Studies, Law and Sociology
I’m expecting to get BCC although I really want an A in Religious Studies
I need 96 UCAS Points (CCC) for my firm as I already have 16 for completing their first choice programme
My firm is the University of Sunderland (the best uni for my chosen course)

While my sixth form doesn’t fall into the category of disadvantaged and we’ve had many students come out with top grades historically meaning we shouldn’t be hit too badly by standardisation, I just have this horrible feeling that something is going to go wrong on results day. I’m most worried about my sociology grade as while I got Cs and some high Ds in mocks and in class assessments, I have a feeling that I would’ve been put quite low in the rank order so the exam board may give me a D which I don’t want as our sixth form marks our work 5% harsher than exam boards did in the previous year and if I had be sat the exam, I feel I could’ve quite easily came out with a C. I’m not too worried about the other 2 subjects as while I was on track for a B in law, I think I’ll be given a C as I was getting those consistently in mocks and assessments but i really want an A in Religious studies as if it wasn’t for harsher marking, I would’ve been getting As in the mocks and in assessments and individual answers in my mocks, I’ve shown that I can get an A. I’m hoping to be high on the ranking order for RS aswell because there was only one other student getting higher grades than me but my worry is that standardisation screws me over as the articles about the process say that students with SEN will be at a disadvantage and I have this so I’m hoping that the system is fair to me.

Good luck everyone!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by emmaj25
What A levels did you "sit"?
Chemistry, Biology, Psychology

What are you expecting?
A*AB

What do you need?
ABB

And which Uni have you firmed?
Lancaster University

Why are you nervous and what are you nervous about?
Not getting into uni, I only wanna go to my firm choice

I feel you on that. I also only want to go to my firm. it’s the best uni for my course and the campus, student life and just the uni in general is perfect for me. I haven’t even been able to visit my insurance due to COVID 19. I only picked the insurance I did because I didn’t realise until a few weeks after applying that my firm offered a foundation year for my course so wishing I could’ve made the foundation year course my insurance but I’m confident I’ll get into my firm
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Howyoudoin’?
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone on this thread! I hope that everyone gets what they need and ends up at the uni they want. :smile:

Thanks mate!

Original post by bluemuffin
took maths, chem, german and music as a levels, need A*AA for firm although hoping for A*A*AA. feeling slightly nervous but good luck everyone hope y’all get into your firm uni!

Oh good luck mates!! If you need any kind of emotional support dont forget to ask for a hand!! And please reach out to others!!
Original post by NE1
I took Religious Studies, Law and Sociology
I’m expecting to get BCC although I really want an A in Religious Studies
I need 96 UCAS Points (CCC) for my firm as I already have 16 for completing their first choice programme
My firm is the University of Sunderland (the best uni for my chosen course)

While my sixth form doesn’t fall into the category of disadvantaged and we’ve had many students come out with top grades historically meaning we shouldn’t be hit too badly by standardisation, I just have this horrible feeling that something is going to go wrong on results day. I’m most worried about my sociology grade as while I got Cs and some high Ds in mocks and in class assessments, I have a feeling that I would’ve been put quite low in the rank order so the exam board may give me a D which I don’t want as our sixth form marks our work 5% harsher than exam boards did in the previous year and if I had be sat the exam, I feel I could’ve quite easily came out with a C. I’m not too worried about the other 2 subjects as while I was on track for a B in law, I think I’ll be given a C as I was getting those consistently in mocks and assessments but i really want an A in Religious studies as if it wasn’t for harsher marking, I would’ve been getting As in the mocks and in assessments and individual answers in my mocks, I’ve shown that I can get an A. I’m hoping to be high on the ranking order for RS aswell because there was only one other student getting higher grades than me but my worry is that standardisation screws me over as the articles about the process say that students with SEN will be at a disadvantage and I have this so I’m hoping that the system is fair to me.

Good luck everyone!

Thank you and good luck!!!
“Sat” : biology, chemistry, maths
Mocks : A*A*A, wouldn’t be surprised if I got anything from AAA to BBC quite frankly given the whole standardisation, rank order and ib thing
Need : ABB or AAC with an A in chemistry
Formed: Bristol

I’m just terrified about the whole way it’s being done and am not too sure how it will not be susceptible to people having agendas when doing rank orders within grades or how the standardisation will affect things

I hope everyone gets what they need
Original post by bored_user:)
heyy so I basically set this up cause I am feeling SUPER nervous about A level results day and I thought that we as TSR-ians need to be there for each other and support each other.

We are probably the only students in history who are getting A level grades without sitting actual exams and with standardisation and everything... things are very uncertain and it is so confusing and frustrating.

So just DM people on this thread to support them or to ask for support during these difficult days.

So...

What A levels did you "sit"?
What are you expecting?
What do you need?
And which Uni have you firmed?

And most importantly.. why are you nervous and what are you nervous about?

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!

Chem and Bio

AB?

AB

Uni of Birmingham

Quick Reply

Latest